Jackson Burial Goes to Court

9/1/2009 11:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonTMZ has learned Katherine Jackson has filed legal papers asking the judge in the Jackson probate case to have the estate pay for the burial.

Informed sources tell us lawyers for the estate will neither support nor oppose the motion -- but rather they will leave it to the judge.

A hearing is set for tomorrow at 9:30 AM PST.

The burial is set for Thursday.

Michael jackson Launch photos

Insanity 7.2 Censored By TMZ

ICG Says:

I'ma say something here money is for the living believe it...Now everyone might not agree with this but the reason Pete gave most of his money away to help others is because he knew that he couldn't take it with him and he could put it too good use right here on earth..Just imagine if if never did all of the humanitarian work what his estate would be worth...Now, I don't know what Catherine's motives are but that was his Mother and he had the most respect for her. Just not to manage the estate...

stupidityisanepidemic

They need the money from the estate because it is going to cost $150,000 and that isn't counting the money they've spent already on the wake, embalming, autopsy, casket, etc. Do you have $150,000 laying around? When my father died it cost about $22,000 to have him at the funeral home,embalming, wake, funeral procession, burial, casket, headstone,etc. A headstone alone costs around $8,000 depending on the stone could be less or more but its not cheap. This is why normal, majority of people have life insurance. Do you have $22,000 even lying around to bury your loved one? Most people do not. Think before you speak. Obviously most of you have no life experience. You are no better than anyone else. You do not know this woman or any of the Jacksons personally. You have some gall to judge a person like that.

Real

Sorry folks... that's not uncommon in rich people world... It should have been in his Will... what, when, and how he wanted to be buried... THATS STRANGE... I think TMZ stated in a previous post that Branco obtain one of Michael's insurance policies and it went to the estate.... Katherine has nothing to do with the financial stuff so don't blame this on her...

Josh

Death hoax enthusiasts will be eagerly awaiting the funeral delay now.

Seriously you would have sorted this out ages ago.

Hmmmmm

30. Now that is a sick family. They want MJ to pay for his own burial. Hell what are they smoking over there?????

Posted at 10:49PM on Sep 1st 2009 by insane

I'm sorry but I have to back track what I said above. I had a 6 year old little boy and a 4 year old little girl and their father killed them. When I buried them I bought the plot next to them so when I died I could be buried next to them.

HumanNature

Latoya, Jermaine, Randy, Marlon, Tito and Joe ALL SOLD THEIR STORIES FOR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As much money that MJ have given them through out his life, they can at least use some of their money that they have earned off of MJ death to help bury him!!!!

That would be the FAMILY THING TO DO!!!!

LATOYA WILL BE ON THE VIEW SEPT. 16 AND 18!!!!

BOYCOTT THE VIEW!!!!

Super Mom

If MJ had a life insurance policy, which I can't imagine he didn't, that money would have been award to the estate beneficiaries. Generally all memorial/funeral/burial costs are paid with the life insurance money. I don't think she is wrong in expecting his estate to pay fo the funeral. The body was not buried right away as the cause of death had not been finalized. Anytime there is a possible homicide, especially when multiple toxicology tests must be run, its possible that the labs may need more samples (as morbid as it sounds). All this being said, I can agree that its time to let him rest in peace. I hope that he has found peace, that his children and loved ones can find peace and that justice due is justice swiftly found.

Utohhh

Insanity 7.2 Censored By TMZ

Insanity Says To (little insane):

The word you seek is retraction...

Hmmmmm

54. Insanity Says To (little insane):

The word you seek is retraction...

Posted at 11:11PM on Sep 1st 2009 by Insanity Cyber Gansta 7.2

Thanks for the correction...

Insanity 7.2 Censored By TMZ

55. #42 its a BIG deal. They keep changing the date of the burial for michael. It will cost the state to pay police and security because of them NOT BEING READY TO BURY MICHAEL ON THE FIRST DATE THAT WAS PLANNED! I agree with #42, Its bad enough no fans are allowed, they why are they making his BURIAL KNOWN to the world then? They want the publicity, PLUS if I was in LA i would try to come to the funeral anyways, So i can see why the state is charging the jacksons for the expense, And I feel like they should pay it. I know Janet has $50,000 dollars easy, why not bury him. They shouldnt hit up the estate everytime they have a PERSONAL issue.

Posted at 11:11PM on Sep 1st 2009 by hehe

__________________________________________________________________
ICG Says:

Janet is worth several mil...Trust she still has money...

Tammi

Why wouldn't the fees come out of his estate? Its just very sad his mother had to take this before a judge and the rest of the world to resolve what should be a private family matter.

StarLight

STARLIGTH

MAN THIS FAMILY ARE VERY CREEPY. FINALLY MJS'S BODY IS GOING TO R.I.P... WE LOVE YOU MICHAEL

KING OF POP FOR EVER
R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON

Insanity 7.2 Censored By TMZ

47. ICG Says:

Posted at 11:03PM on Sep 1st 2009 by Insanity Cyber Gansta 7.2

AMAZED

Posted at 11:11PM on Sep 1st 2009 by hehe

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/01/michael-jackson-katherine-jackson-funeral-estate/4#comments#ixzz0PuoViXFV
____________________________________________________________________

Perhaps they announced his burial because in the comment section of EVERY SINGLE MJ ARTICLE FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS THERE ARE SEVERAL COMMENTS ASKING WHEN IS THE BURIAL??? Just maybe they announced it so commenters would finally SHUT UP. In reality it is NOBODY'S business when and where he will be buried. They didn't have to say ANYTHING. As I see it, the family is damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they didn't announce it, fans would complain, now that they have announced it, fans are complaining. Everyone should just shut up and allow them to bury the man however they, HIS FAMILY, chooses to.