Paula on Ellen -- She'll Be Grrrrrrrrrrreat!

9/12/2009 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If Paula Abdul has any resentment towards Ellen DeGeneres for grabbing her old "American Idol" job, she's certainly not showing it.

Paula Abdul

Photogs caught Paula in NYC yesterday and she said she thought Ellen will be "great" on the show.

But really, what did you expect Paula to say?

Cynthia

Aww that's so sweet...

Visit http://www.pantyfairy.com for the best gift for any woman!

streetdude

yOU NEVER KNOW WHAT PAULA'S SAYING BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, bUT I DON'T THINK ELLEN IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR HER REPLACEMENT

Paparazzo@frog.cc

Basically, Paula is boring. Should have taken the $4 Million. Ellen will be great, and will eventually command a high salary.

B.

From Bottom-Turn

UGGGGHHH

ELLEN SHOULD STICK TO HER DAY JOB. SHE IS NOT A SINGER. AMERICAN IDOL SHOULD OF REPLACED PAULA WITH SOMEBODY THAT HAS EXPERIENCE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY.

mrez golucky

Yikes!

Dee

I wld love to know what A.I. is paying Ellen vs what they offered Paula. That wld tell is A.I. just wanted to push Paula out

TRACKER

NO PAULA,NO SHOW!IDOL EXECS ARE FOOLS.DOWNHILL FROM HERE.ELLEN IT,S NOT AGAINST YOU.YOU ALREADY HAVE A JOB.DON,T BE GREEDY JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS OFFERED TO YOU....

Steph

I like music so I think I should be the new AI judge. I also like to eat, wear clothes, and dance, so I also think I should be a judge on top chef, project runway, and SYTYCD. You know since you don't have to be qualified or anything.

jcherb

No offense but i really don't see any relevance between ellen and music? I love her don't get me wrong, but she is the far from musically inclined. Anyone who has seen her shows will agree with me, she's a great person and so funny but certainly can't sing, dance, or have the right to determine who will be the next idol. And i don't think she has it in her to replace Paula, i think that the people they have on panel now have lived in the business for 100 years and can see talent. Sorry Ellen, I'm a fan, but this isn't you're place...you're so nice! go spend more time with Porsha!

JD

In 5 years she'll be on one of those Whatever happened to so and so shows.

Dean

Ellen is an interesting choice.I think she will wear out her welcome soon when the show really focuses on the music competition where a music background matters most.

shuffler

I am imagining myself on a date with Paula.

Slowly I discover the Paula 'behind closed doors'. I tire of her incessant whining about how they could take her million-dollar job away; she seems to be sucking the life outta me.

We take time off. Cooling time. We date some more.

We talk about how music today sucks, she loves my impersonations of stupid artists. We laugh. We talk about stalkers and how I want one so I can feel more special. We laugh. Then she talks about that crazy bitch that stalked her. She tells me horrifying stories that we laugh at now, but at the time were serious.

And so on.
I end the night in my journal entry: "Paula is fab".

Disgusting

Paula got shafted. Really hope she does well.

Shame on Ellen for becoming party to this. It's not like she needs the work or the publicity but it never seems to be enough for her. At least they could've given the job to someone good who needs work.
This show has sadly jumped the shark and is over anyway. Shows how hard Paula was to replace that they had to resort to this silly Ellen stunt which simply won't work.

Erica

The show is not going to be the same without Paula -and the ratings will go down -Ellen is loveable and cool- but Paula is who helped make the show-and even with Ellen there the show will still feel like it is missing something.Do they think it is going to be more viewers because Ellen is there.Yes, she is witty,but the show will lose viewers because when you look at it Paula was treated unfair. Ellen does not have a background in music like Paula-and it is stupid not to have a professional in that background judging.Kara or whatever the other judge name is -she was never needed... It was fine with three judges.They should have just paid Paula-so now they are going to pay Ellen!!She can and will demand 10 or more too.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments