« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Announcer Rips Whoopi Goldberg

9/13/2009 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An NFL announcer just took a cruel and cheap shot at Whoopi Goldberg -- live during a Detroit Lions football game.

Play video

During the first quarter of the Lions game today, the announcer, Chris Myers was talking about a player who was on the Pittsburgh Steelers last season but now plays for Detroit. He said, "Going from two Super Bowls in Pittsburgh to the winless Detroit team -- that's like going from dating Beyonce to Whoopi Goldberg."

So the question is ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

you just don't get it

#51 Mary-- Whoopie is attractive? What planet are you from? How can she let it slide and also cut him to the quick?? You make no sense what so ever. Humor is not always pretty. Get over it.

the truth hurts huh

This - coming from dweeby, geeky, wimpy Chris Myers??? I wouldn't take him with a million bucks and a lifetime supply of chocolate to go along with it. Besides - it was rude no matter who said it.

Whoopi's the bomb!

you just don't get it

Michelle #48 My god you should listen to yourself. Talk about racist. You just seem flat out bitter and angry. But I guess we(most blacks) are.

the truth hurts huh

Actually ..... I'd rather give Whoopi a try. And I'm a straight white female!

Only marry foreign women

Women are victimized by men.

Dawn

If I were a guy I would choose Whoopi over Beyonce. At least I know I would have intelligent conversation during the date. ; )

Texas

That comment was so funny.. I found the clip for those of us who wish to hear it from the announcer himself.. awesome roost though

ed

sometimes the truth just hurts!!

Wow

Whoopi is a comedian. She can take a joke.

WiddoMouse

Whoopi is a big girl. I think she knows she is not in the same league as Beyonce. Don't make more out of this than it is...a lame attempt at humor...not a reason to fire someone. Shall we move on?

newswatcher

its a rude comment. guys laugh at this type of stuff; but they would be offended if it was a woman announcer saying something like "that's like going from George Clooney to Jon Gosselin". they would be insulted because they all look like tubby jon Gosselin and not george clooney, so they would call the announcer a b-tch or wh-re.

Theresa

Michele, you are a RACIST bitch.......that is it. Now kindly go f yourself. Kill whitey.

moveover

Are you kidding? I think he was being kind to her suggesting that someone might actually want to date her. She's a disgusting beast!

homie1kanobe

Hi Whoopi, What ya need to do is,Walk up behind Chris Myers, Tap him on the shoulder,When he turns around, Knock the crap out him, I guarantee, He will know what its for lol, Whats he gonna do, Tell everyone a woman gave him that SHINNER LOL

twogolfcats

What he said was MORE TRUTH than Fiction--I have heard Whoopie say MUCH WORSE things WAY TO MANY TIMES-- I have NO RESPECT for any of those TWITS on the VIEW- They are magnafied WHORES in real life- Who is that worm to complain???