Jackson Estate

Scores Deal

on 'This is It'

9/17/2009 6:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned lawyers for Michael Jackson's estate went to court today and the probate judge gave permission for them to strike a deal with Sony Music for the production and distribution of a soundtrack album in connection with the "This is It" film release.

Sources say Sony and the estate have reached an agreement.

Pimp Daddy

Who Cares,,, He is frigging dead and He Killed Him Self...

Let just Move the Hell On...

I won't Spend a Penny on Anything JACKSON>>> Leaches !!!!

danica

That's great! I will definitely buy the soundtrack.

mary

I think what is so sad about MJ's death,is that he died sad and lonely.Many felt he was a pedophile but those that were so sure that he was never stopped to think.....what if he wasn't.I think we let him down.I'm sorry MJ.Love You.R.I.P.

entremedieu

I'll want be with him....

Me!

You have Michael Jackson's named misspelled on your opening Google page -

Look for it - it's there!

Rab

This movie is going to be breathtaking. One entertainment show here in Holland, released tonight a piece of the actual film, of the rehearsals. Not only is he in great shape,it is clear that he does the singing with the beautiful voice we all know. It leaves me with one burning question, why are they not getting this sorry excuse for a doctor, this SOB in jail that executed him.

Em

Those executors/lawyers for the Estate are some busy people. I think Michael chose well - he knew who could get the job done and who, in the long run, cared enough to do it in his best interest despite any hard feelings along the way.

WillOTheWisp

YES! Sony ought to give them all the money since they ripped Michael off; and should be kissing up to the Jacksons to keep from being sued. But at least the children will have a bit more money for their future.
I don't trust Sony!

Anna

I CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT TO SEE THIS INCREDIBLE MOVIE.....I'M SURE IT'LL BE THE BIGGEST MOVIE THIS YEARS......MAYBE EVEN THIS DECADE, I MEAN IT IS MICHAEL JACKSON AFTER ALL.ALL HE DO IS BREAK RECORDS AND MAKE HISTORY WHILE YOU HATERS HATE. HIS ESTATE, MOTHER, AND KIDS ARE GETTER RICHER AND YOU HATER ARE GETTER POORER, IF YOUR NOT ALREADY..MICHAEL JACKSON WILL LIVE ON FOREVER AND EVER!!!!!!!!

Christine

I want to know when Dr. Murray and all the involved will be arrested???? And SONY?????

B.

From Bottom-Turn

mimi

yay this is greta to hear!

new MJ stuff

$$$

OK...I have always complained about TMZ using pics that were not in focus...but this was not a good picture to have in focus!!! YIKES!!!

claire

hi does anyone know if "This is it" is going to come out on DVD

Shesh

Great News for us fans!!

Great News for the kids!! Michael will continue to support the ones he loved dearly!!