Cousin of Rapper Common

Killed in Accident

9/19/2009 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

CommonAjile Turner, the cousin of rapper Common, was killed in a motorcycle accident in Brooklyn last night.

Sources tell us it happened on the corner of Greene Ave. and Washington Ave. We're told cops responded to a call involving a motorcyclist colliding with a guy on a bicycle -- Turner was on the motorcycle. Both men were taken to Brooklyn Hospital and both were pronounced dead on arrival.

We're told there is no criminality suspected in the incident.

DJ JS-1, a long-time friend of Turner, confirmed his passing and told us, "He was one of the greatest friends anyone could have, he was a pure, honest, good person, hard worker who traveled the world and lived a great life. We all love him and are going to miss him very much."

Turner was founder and CEO of the Echelon Group, an independent concert production company in NYC.

moveover

Oh, man! NOW I've heard it all! You guys are now at the point of writing stories about COUSINS of people who aren't even that famous? This has to be the ultimate slow news day story .... LOL.

The Truth

SO?

Jenny

Aaaaand I'm not alone. Also agree with "meat". If Common himself died I would be like "Who??"

People die everyday, celebrities die and the world knows. Common's cousin and Michael Jackson's deaths are equivalent to each other because they are just HUMAN when it comes down to it.

So I don't care about MJ and I don't care about this guy LA DE FRICKIN DA.

My co-worker's 2 year old niece just died of a sudden, unknown brain hemorrhage in front of her parents at the playground. Now that's something to be upset about.

deejayspicerack

oh my god, this happened literally 2 blocks from where i live.. even drove home that way last night. very scary

deejayspicerack

..and seriously people how do you not know common, he is major hip hop, not like these hacks you got running around now..

Joan Baez's Relevance

Michael Jackson's death was much better.

Joan Baez's Relevance

You're not alone Jenny. I don't know who he is either. And, no I haven't been living under a rock. No room for my furniture or TV under there.

UGGGGHHH

HE was probably going to fast..............

Grouch

I thought TMZ was about celebrity gossip!

Who in the hell are these guys and who gives a rat's ass?
Seriously: the cousin of somebody no-one has ever heard of?

mt

You got to be kidding me? They're actually reporting that some cousin of some thug trash rapper died?

TeamWhitey

Guess he wasn't very "Agile". Ha. get it? Ajile....hahahaha......haha.........ha............ehhhm.........

Nevermind.........

Friend of Ajile

Jenny, James, Grouch and everyone else who had something ignorant to say... have you no souls? Someone died. Regardless of if you knew him or not, a family, MY FAMILY is hurting. He mattered to many and the world is a better place because he was here. Neither Ajile nor Common were/are thugs. Usually I don't frequent this site but had to address the disrespect of life that was called to my attention. Life is too short, enjoy it and culture yourselves.

Rob

Whatever happened, Jimmy Carter will say it was raaaaaacist!

NOBAMA!

noyankhere

sorry to say this but IS THIS A BAD NEWS DAY? no
disrespect to the dead but.. this is not newsworthy, gossip worthy ,worth the time typing it up. WHAT, does every celebrities "brother, sister, mother " now have equal space with the real heavy hitters those with a proven body of work and paris hilton???. please!!!!!!

CC

RIP to Ajile and condolences to his friends and family.

As common as the word "Common" is, if those who have never
heard of him did a minimum of research, they might discover the top
two entries on Google are for the Grammy award-winning artist and
movie star. He's a successful, handsome, talented, and socially
conscious superstar.

TMZ is no less out of order to report on news about Common's cousin
(a noted businessman in his own right) than Britney Spears' sister's
baby (noted for nothing).

Wait, do I detect the stench of racism around here too...