« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Plaxico Burress -- Smells Like Fishkill

9/22/2009 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned where Plaxico Burress is expected to serve part of his 2-year prison sentence -- a place more than 100 years old.

Plaxico is currently in the Manhattan Detention Complex, but Plaxcico's lawyer, Ben Brafman, tells us Plax is expected to be shipped to the famous Rikers Island correctional facility and then quickly moved to the Fishkill Correctional Facility in upstate New York.

We're told Plaxico will spend a total of 4-6 weeks going through the Rikers and Fishkill systems -- while authorities determine where Plaxico will spend the bulk of his sentence.

FYI -- Fishkill, which was constructed in 1896, was originally used as a hospital for the criminally insane.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

Don't drop the soap!!!!!!!!!!!

Trevor

Who is this nobody and why should anyone care that another gangbanger goes to jail?

The Katster

FYI -- Fishkill NY is NOT UPSTATE NEW YORK!!!! Fishkill is about 30 mins from upper Westchester County. Its in Dutchess County, north of Putnam County.

Wombat

It is a good thing that he is a wide receiver...lord knows he'll never be able to claim to be a tight end when he gets out.

Kooky Fan

Power Chairs

Sometimes referred to as electric wheelchairs or power wheelchairs, power chairs offer superior in-home maneuverability, fit almost anywhere and turn on a dime. Power chairs help you get around indoors.

* Navigate narrow hallways, thresholds, uneven surfaces and tight spaces
* Comfortable seating with a contoured back delivers all-day comfort
* Anti-tip wheels provide extra stability

Sinizin

I live 40 minutes away from tha jail. My frien is a CO there. Maybe he cn get an autograph for me.

Firefly

I wonder if the place is haunted :)

Dawna

Plax, Hang in there!

Wombat

On another note...Michael Vick spends 18 months in jail for personally killing dogs and being a major part of a dog fighting ring ...yet a moron who shoots his own leg gets 20 months? All this tells me is that even in the justice system quarterbacks get all the gravy.

Tye Tanikk

One way or another, all these downstate dummies are relocating Upstate, like the rats fleeing a sink ship, they are.

mrez golucky

Yikes! Pow Pow Pow-- Ouch! My advice- don't pick up that bar of soap!

vanessa

You know what really urks me! Chris Brown got a lesser sentence of community service and he beat the hell out of Rhianna held her against her will. Tried to kill her! Plaxio accidentally shot himself in the leg!! and he gets 2 years in state PRISON!!! FOR WHAT!?!?!? The system is so screw up! So sad!

Rebie Johnson

john h, you're just another stupid mofo!!!!!

Lady

First off John H... You should shoot yourself and save the world from your exsistence...

But at for Plaxico, how do you get 2 yrs for shooting yourself? He ain't hurt anyone but himself. Once the bullet went throught I think he learned his lesson.

And to the person that made the Mick Vick response that is very true.

Michelle

Fishkill Correctional is not far from where I live. My brother is serving time there. I think that is funny. If you drive up Route 84 they have signs on the road that says "NO STOPPING ANYTIME." I can't wait for him to get there, I want to get all the low down when he is in there.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments