John Travolta -- I Tried to Revive My Son

9/23/2009 12:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta just described to the jury in the extortion trial how he desperately tried to save his son's life.

Travolta testified his nanny woke him up at around 10:15 AM on January 2 and told him his son was unconscious in the bathroom. Travolta says when he went downstairs, he saw Jett on the ground and one of the caretakers was doing chest compressions.

Travolta says he performed CPR on Jett, ultimately to no avail.

Kelly Preston was in the courtroom as John testified.

More updates as the testimony unfolds.

UPDATE: John and Kelly just walked out of the courthouse and got into an SUV. We're told the court is taking a lunch break. Travolta is expected to return later this afternoon.

John Travolta

Sono

janalal4

What a nightmare that I can't even imagine!! Many blessings to this poor family! Having to do CPR on your own child. As a parent, it's almost too much to have to deal with. Having those memories locked in your brain for the rest of your life! I don't give a da.. what his "beliefs" are. If you can't feel compassion for this guy, there is something REALLY WRONG with you.

isthatallthereis

So very sad he has to go through this. My prayers to the family.

JENNIFER

Absolutely shameful to make a grieving parent relive that kind of hell. Those men deserve the highest punishment. Heartless, shameful and pure evil!

Metagraywacky

Sick bastards, I hope they string them up! Making parents relive this nightmare....

Wowwwww

1. Looks like boring John Travolta info is replacing the constant barrage of boring Michael Jackson related info.

Posted at 11:42AM on Sep 23rd 2009 by Sono

Sono dear, you always have that option of clicking the big red X

CanCan

why are TMZ's picture always so crappy looking??

La Toya Jackson

Don't forget about ME!!! .. Michael Jackson is dead and we need mo money .. Mo Money .. MO MONEY!!! .. Ker Ching

Me

My heart aches for the Travolta family. To have to re-live such a traumatic event. The pain of losing their son is enough pain and grief to last a lifetime. As it is you already replay it in your head every day all day. But to have to re-live it in this format for this reason is absolutely appauling. I hope these people get the MAX! These people deserve to do HARD LABOR.

La Toya Jackson

Back to the jackson family... they need more money

La Toya Jackson

Back to us !!! .. Poor Michael Jackson was killed and our ship has come in .. Ker Ching

billie jean

who cares?? more mj news!!!!

La Toya Jackson

Don't forget about me ... Cer Ching

La Toya Jackson

Back to us .. Cha Ching

super-dave

my son choked on a hot dog when he was young...luckily i was able to dislodge it. It haunts me every day to think what could have happened. I cant imagine what the Travoltas are going through. To hear some of the sarcastic and thoughtless comments that people say and write is testament on the foul character of losers in our society.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments