MTV Will Air DJ AM's Addiction Documentary

10/5/2009 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MTV has decided they will air "Gone Too Far" -- the documentary series on young drug addicts that DJ AM finished just three days before he died from an accidental overdose.

The network says they got the "consent and support" of DJ AM's family before choosing to run the eight-episode series -- which features AM working with real-life drug addicts and their families to help them overcome substance abuse.

MTV released a statement from AM's family, saying:

"It is our hope through airing this show that people will get to see the side of Adam that we knew and loved, not just the celebrity DJ, but the honest and caring person who gave so much of himself to help others."

The series will premiere Monday, October 12.

Phishsteak

MTV owns VH1...if it were all about ratings then why didn't vh1 air Megan Wants a Millionaire......tons of sick bstrds would have tuned in to see Ryan Jenkins.....?

dom

This show means nothing now. He died a druggie from a drug overdose. How can his words about getting clean mean anythign when he went out like this? Shameful. They should make a show with someone who actually practiced what he preached.

DOODAD

eh, I really want to watch I LOVE MONEY 3
I LOVE MONEY 3
I LOVE MONEY 3
I LOVE MONEY 3
I LOVE MONEY 3
I LOVE MONEY 3
I LOVE MONEY 3
I LOVE MONEY 3
Come on VH1, ethics are overrated, do you want ratings or what???

loLing

"....and didn't practiced what he preached." Well MTV already paid him for that show so might as well use it right?

del

Proof the people in recovery should not hang out with drug addicts, even if they're trying to help them. It's like a dieter hanging out in a cake shop.

Bob

MTV could care less about trying to help others. What a crock. Then handing us a statement saying we just want to help is bull........MTV is just cashing in before everyone forgets who DJ AM was. Typical same old bs.........

Anyone remember when MTV was good? When they actually played videos and not feeding this bs down our throats........I guess just playing videos isn't profitable.
MTV is nothing but a used-up money-whore.

DJ Timbo

I dedicated my new single in AM's memory. He was a big inspiration to me and many DJs.
50% of the proceeds will be donated to the National MS Society in his name.

"I wish people would rather DO something positive then speak negative."

Tim Scarne
Aka DJ Timbo

View the entire press release here

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2