S**t Happens on SNL -- FCC Stands Down

10/6/2009 1:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For the second week in a row, "Saturday Night Live" has let one of the seven words you can't say on television slide right on past the censors.

Lady Gaga's performance was the s**t -- but she also belted out the "profane" four-letter word during the show, and it wasn't bleeped on the East Coast.

But here's the catch -- neither SNL nor NBC will have to pay a single cent to the FCC for the S-bomb because it happened during a designated "safe harbor" time period.

According to the FCC website, "Indecent or profane speech that is broadcast between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. is not actionable."

Last week, newcomer Jenny Slate dropped the frickin' f-bomb.

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy

How is she a star? Her voice sucks and she's not that great to look at on stage. I don't get it. Then again, I didn't understand the whole Macy Gray era either.

Simone

Macy Gray has a nice voice. But, I just saw few things about Lady Gaga. She and her songs don't called my attention, so for me she doesn't have importance. This is it.

richard ramirez

the dude looks
like a lady;

jermaine

more info on macy gray @ http://www.thestreetmix.com

pinhead

What is her talent? Wearing g strings? Lip sinc? Seriously if you act is being a lip sinc stripper then at least be good looking. There is a million of better looking women I would rather look at while they pretend to sing.

PASSION OF THE TAINT

OMG!!! NO!!!

My virgin ears are burning!!! Holy Turd Balls!

I wonder how many righteous whore soccer moms reported this one?

The second performance was hilarious!!I loved how that stupid contraption kept on hitting that dumb, Egotistical melon!

More like Lady Douche Bag!
Or Lady balls in da pants!

DOODAD

Her appearance on SNL was horrible, the pathetic Madonna skit, her awful signing performances..
The only good part of the night was when those metal bars on that stupid, pretentious gyroscope kept smacking her in her ugly mug.

Michelle

None of these artists today have talent. Their more famous for what they wear or how they act rather than what they can do. I wish I was brought up in the 70's or even the 80's. At least people back than were actually famous for being talented.

Kristin

Does anyone really watch SNL anymore?

Your name:

I really hate this guy.

Jake

"CHANGE" you can believe in. Thanks obama! We can "HOPE" for a "CHANGE" in 2010 and 2012. That would be the "CHANGE" and "HOPE" we desperately need.

TONY

TV has changed totally for the worst since i was a kid. It's ok for daytime cartoons to have profane words & sexual content. LADY GAGA, HALF NAKED, CAN'T SING & SWEARING. I BET ALL THE PERVERTS THOUGHT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS. i REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR YOU PEOPLE & YOUR KIDS, THAT IS IF THE COURT STILL ALLOWS YOU NEAR THEM.

Jiggabear

I have to wonder if some of the commentators above even watched the show. Or if they just wanted to be the first to hate.

For starters, if you watched the show it was obvious Lady Gaga was NOT lip syncing. In fact, during one of her performances the transition from weird metal costume to piano took a few more seconds than intended and she ad libbed an SNL plug while getting set on the piano. Obviously lip synced. Ugh, idiots.

Now, as far as what kind of artist Lady Gaga is...she's one that I won't pretend to understand but probably one of the few left that can fascinate. Probably because you don't know what she's going to do next. And not on a "shave her head" level. She can certainly sing, though obviously not as well live as in a studio.

Hate all you want, but "The Fame" should be in the conversation for Album of the Year.

WillOTheWisp

This is a dude and I don't care what anyone says! I know a dude when I see one. He's laughing all the way to the bank!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments