Anna's Ex: Smith Wanted Me to Kill Pierce

10/7/2009 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We just spoke with the guy who triggered the murder-for-hire investigation into Anna Nicole Smith -- and he says she repeatedly asked him to kill the son of her late husband, J. Howard Marshall II.

Anna Nicole & Mark Hatten
Mark "Hollywood" Hatten, Anna's ex-BF, says a drug-addled Smith was continually "begging with me to kill E. Pierce Marshall" claiming after her husband died, Pierce was "standing in the way of her money."

Hatten says he told Pierce's lawyer about the alleged plot. Mark claims he was then interviewed by the FBI twice about the matter while he was in jail for an unrelated crime.

TMZ sources confirm that when Anna and Howard K. Stern met with the FBI, an agent told them Hatten was the one who made the claim. We're also told the agent didn't believe Hatten's story.

Ultimately, the FBI determined there was "insufficient evidence to establish that there was a murder-for-hire plot."

Michael

First.

gayle

This Dude and his sleazy sister were claiming to be friends of Anna a few years ago when this Guy was in Prison. Oh Please. Dude GO AWAY!!! All for Attention. Don't pay him for his time.

billiejeanRIP

SMH

NOW

MJ

NEWS

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

balls

balls

whats up Doctors

Totally Bull Crap, You have 1 minute, not 15.

Kristen

She's dead, she cannot defend herself. What's the point of dragging this story on? Only on TMZ. Show some respect.

Leno sucks, Conan rocks

Popozao, bitches!

$$$

IS THIS A NEW "SIXTH SENSE" MOVIE PLOT??

"I hear dead People..."

Fifffle

QUICK, ARREST HER!

no way

don't we know the end of this story? I thing it went something like they both died and the infant inherited the money and the problems...hopefulness she'll be raised right

Janet

Of course Howard Stern was involved.

suzy

BALLS TO THE WALLS

duh

The fact that this clown was in jail on "unrelated matters" while the FBI interviewed him speaks volumes about his credibility. I think that even the FBI could piece together a solid murder-for-hire case if there was one, especially considering the mental giants supposedly involved.

The fact that you're giving him space, airing the audio and that I'm even taking the time to comment is just fueling the fire that this guy has been obviously trying to build for years. Bravo, us.

MADRADDER

Anna Anna Anna Anna Anna Nicole- She's so outrageous! Anna Nicole!

Pierce Aero

No need to Fool Anna now. I'll Man Hatten. I do not believe this particular guy. I would be more suspicious about that ProctoNazi, uh... I mean Spawneratzi having gotten Anna and her son out of the way so that he could be the gaurdian of the child that stood to inherit Pierce's Father's money. Think about it, Means, Motive, Opportunity. I do not trust Howard K. Stern, but I would suspect that Anna's daughter's FatherDude before him, in terms of having something to gain by Both of those deaths. Why has nobody questioned this?

Pierce Aero