Michael Jackson -- Not Most Likely to Succeed

10/10/2009 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson might have been the "most creative" and "best dressed" ... but he wasn't the "most likely to succeed" -- at least according to his high school classmates.

An auction of MJ memorabilia took place yesterday in L.A., including his 1976 high school yearbook from Cal Prep in Encino, CA. In the yearbook, Michael was voted pretty much what everyone would have expected -- best dressed, most creative, shyest -- but NOT most likely to succeed.

That honor was reserved for one Scott Ashdown -- who's probably a perfectly nice person, but we've never heard of him.

Even though success is relative and money isn't everything -- can we get a recount for MJ?

Debbie

I think this was so sweet and i think his classmates knew it was just a given he was already successful. Justice for Michael and his children.

cha ching

Wow the frist pic looks like a floating penis,witch gets TMZ stiffy. MJ like tmz uses women to get what they want! In bad pictures and compromising ways!

Kathe

Yes, MJ was very successful by the time he graduated. Obviously, some people were jealous of him. I guess you could say that those classmates were exactly like most of the media out there --- envious and jealous. Love you more, Michael!

hoocheekoo

This is the kind of "journalism" (if that's what it is) that infuriates me. Let's make something out of nothing! Michael Jackson didn't go to high school; he was privately tutored for all but one week of his schooling. I guess this is the high school he WOULD have gone to and I think it was nice to include him. Secondly, he was already successful when this was printed because he'd been working for 12 or 13 years by the time he would have graduated.

Debbie

Such a loving caring giving man love his smile. Justice for Michael and his children.

Kay

MJ definitely lived up the best dressed and the shyest. :) What are we going to see next of MJ's personal items? It seems like something new comes up everyday.

janicebyrne01

In 1976 Michael was already a huge success. The school needs to get it's facts right.

THISISIT again MJ breaks records

Aww I think this is one of the cutest MJ posts I ever saw on TMZ. I wish you guys would give us the option to add pics. I have the biggest smile on my face.

OMGAAAAh @ most shyest. So sweet.

kitty

"That honor was reserved for one Scott Ashdown -- who's probably a perfectly nice person, but we've never heard of him"

that is so funny and so true! almost all of these popular, most likely to succeed people you never hear much about again.

i love that michael was the shyest... i think that is so cute!!!!!!

makes me love you more michael!!

astabasta

Nobody from Elvis´school even remembers he went there!

chillbrutha

MJ went to HS???!!!! ... now there's a little known fact i've never heard b4 ... always thought at that age he was being home schooled

nan

anyone who has read things mj said or seen him in interviews knows he was the most sweet ,shy and innocent type of person on the planet..totally misunderstood by a few

Kimberly

oh gosh, He was so good looking back then.
what a cutie!
Love you Michael
I know, you love me more!

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Memba him? Adorable then. Want him all grown up? You can't. He succeeded alright. Dope...head.

nan

he was a beautiful man inside and out.more heart and soul than any one person should have been given.it must have been such aburden to carry .i love you michael for the magic and inspiration.may you rest in peace.it still hurts to have to say that .cant believe he is gone