'Glee' Creator Floats a Parting Shot at NBC

10/13/2009 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

GleeThe creator of "Glee" is firing back at NBC for booting his show's float from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade -- dissing them for dissing him.

Ryan Murphy tells EW: "I completely understand NBC's position, and look forward to seeing a Jay Leno float."

As TMZ first reported, Macy's invited the FOX show's cast to the parade -- but when rival NBC, the network airing the parade, found out ... they kicked the "Glee" people to the curb faster than a geek from the cool kid's table.

doc murry

You've clearly never watched Glee. It's about the most Liberal show on Television. It's racially diverse, there is a prominant gay character, a love triangle in which you care more about the potential mistress than the wife, and the songs chosen are wonderfully inappropriate for a high school show choir. There is virtually no reason for a liberal boycott of the show that would lead to NBC's decision to oust the show from the parade. If you're speaking in regards to Fox News than I suggest you go pitch a fit on the MSNBC website because you're wasting the time of those of us who just want some good old fashion, pointless celebrity gossip!

Posted at 12:38PM on Oct 13th 2009 by willlowmethis

I can only hope your deaf,dumb and blind or that your retarded,because those are the only 2 acceptable reasons for anyone likeing this show.This show is as moronic as they come..oh you fogot to mention a person in a wheelchair..they are trying to cover all the angles //..well maybe in your case your brain dead..thats a reason too I guess

doc murry

Glee tries very hard to appeal to just about everyone and as all the others it fails ..(cough cough).I tried to watch it the other day after I had 7 beers and still it made me sick(cough cough)..its like being married to the same woman for 20 years ,,its the same stuff day after day..and that gets old believe me(cough cough)(snicker snicker).

Lee

GAY my ass! The true term is either Queer or Homosexual! Let's call it as is. The gay word used in this context makes me ill. Gay means gleeful, jovial, glad, joyous, happy, cheerful, sprightly, blithe, airy, light-hearted; vivacious, frolicsome, sportive, hilarious. Gay, jolly, joyful, merry describe a happy or light-hearted mood. Gay suggests a lightness of heart or liveliness of mood that is openly manifested: when hearts were young and gay. Jolly indicates a good-humored, natural, expansive gaiety of mood or disposition: a jolly crowd at a party. Joyful suggests gladness, happiness, rejoicing: joyful over the good news. Merry is often interchangeable with gay: a merry disposition; a merry party; it suggests, even more than the latter, convivial animated enjoyment. 2. brilliant. Can't understand how being Queer has anything to do w/ being happy. The Bible states "Man shall not lay w/ man"

willlowmethis

Dear jesus died for u so wake up dumbass, (wow that name just says it all doesn't it)

Your assessment of my intelligence and the quality of Glee is based on what? If it is based on your stellar use of grammar, spelling and puntuation than we're going to have a problem. Glee is tapping into a market that has been underserved. If you don't like super campy comedy/musicals than you aren't going to like the show. Please don't pick up Grease or Hairspray at your local Blockbuster either. I fear you would be terribly dissapointed in the choice! Thank you for pointing out my negligence in mentioning the character in a wheelchair. I think it is very important for kids of all backgrounds to see themselves represented on tv in a positive manner. Gossip girl just isn't getting it done for the underdogs! Anywho...enjoy your inability to capitalize a proper noun!

Fd

NBC is a joke NBC sucks

Roy

I am sick of this crap about the Thanksgiving Day parade being about promoting shows/singers/broadway productions anyway. What happened to it being about Christmas and Thanksgiving? I wish they'd stop it with showing the damn parade in the background while some jackass is promoting his show.

Nassau Burglar

"12. The liberal fascists ,led by the Obama White House,are boycotting Fox.
Makes sense NBC (censors news- cough) is aboard since they are owned by GE which is being funded by the gov't

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/13/glee-creator-floats-a-parting-shot-at-nbc/#ixzz0TrOzHHJ8
"

Hi Jon Coester. I just wanted to say I had an awesome time making love to your digestive tract in the 90's. I would place myself at about #450 of your lovers. Let me guess. You went from coke to meth to 4 day orgies til you seroconverted and then your dad with the $$$ found out and now you're all straight and every thing you did was everybody else's fault. Good luck with all that. I'll be thinking of the sad little frustrated tent popping in your pants every time I see Josh Duhamel. XO!

Midwestprincesse

To Willlowmethis: Learn how to properly use grammar before judging someone else's spelling skills. Than = comparison, then = time. And it's disappointed, not dissapointed. Seriously, people that can't spell or use proper English shouldn't be allowed to comment.

Also, don't ever compare Grease to a TV show. The movie Grease is in a league of its' own. On another note, it's cool that I've got a friend that worked on part of the Glee opening sequence. Gotta love Hollywood!

willlowmethis

Sportsnut,

Come on now...you have to admit that I'm doing better than that dude! I wasn't comparing Grease to Glee. I was simply saying that they are in the same genre.

KTHX Bye!

Me, myself and I

Willowmethis … your grammar or punctuation did NOT distract from my love of your comments! You said exactly what I wanted to about the show; but better.

Willowmethis … only noticed when pointed out by a some neurotic perfectionist or defender of the “jesus died for u so wake up dambass” … who is notably illiterate.

Furthermore, I would also like to say most of these comments were on many vast levels of stupidity and intolerance (usually goes hand-in-hand) … and we wonder why other countries’ see Americans in a negative light. Tsk Tsk …

Okay, my rant has died off now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2