« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rush Limbaugh -- Ram Sacked

10/14/2009 8:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Once again, Rush Limbaugh's been pushed away from the NFL -- the talk-show host has been officially dropped by a group looking to buy the St. Louis Rams.

Rush Limbaugh -- Ram Sacked
A rep from the group claimed Rush got the boot because his participation complicated the effort.

Ever since word got out that the conservative mouthpiece was interested in the team, several people lashed out against it -- including the owner of the Indianapolis Colts, the head of the NFL Player's Association and even Al Sharpton.

It might be the best thing that happened to Rush -- the Rams haven't won a single game this season.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

DONNA GARRETT

Rush apparently loves football...he definately doesn't need the money ....he just signed a deal to stay on the radio for $400 million dollars (400 MILLION DOLLARS !!!). My family was Democrat all my life...we "LOVED" watching the RUSH LIMBAUGH SHOW on TV back in the 70's. I am a "reformed" Democrat. I finally saw the light. I have officially become an Independent. I listen to Rush Limbaugh on radio every day. Not only is he very informative...but funny also....You go Rush!!! That ballteam don't know how good they could have been with Rush on their team.

tanya

HOORAY...He would have ruined the NFL!!!!

Jean Shonay

62. ALL OF THESE STATEMENTS BELOW ARE FALSE. I LISTEN TO RUSH EVERY DAY. IF HE WERE LIKE THIS, I WOULDN'T LISTEN TO HIM.--TANGLEDWEB IS A DAMN LIAR

Please Bunzer, I listen to Rush and yes he did make these statements. Thank you very much. If you listen to this man everyday and you can't tell that he doesn't like black people, than you obviously don't like blacks yourself. It's not about free speech but how you speak.

Cinner

I am a conservative and I cannot tolerate this man. He does not represent any of my beliefs. He is an extreme narcissist and promoter of hate. I don't have hateful feelings toward him, I just do not tune into his nonsense and the nonsense he preaches. He had made his own bed.

wilder

It's not that druggie comedian Rush Limbaugh has spent twenty years whining about everything and hating everybody for the entertainment of third-grade mentality frat boys in Alabama (his Cult members aka "dittoheads"). That's not why the NFL...or any legitimate business or organization...wants nothing to do with him. It's his unbroken record of bad judgment. Over these past twenty years...wrong about the economy, wrong about the war, wrong about every single thing he whines about.

And every single thing he supports...has proven to be an incompetent disaster and failure of epic proportions. That's his record...he's batting 1000...and it's all on tape.

His lousy judgment makes him a liability. He's bad for business. He'd ruin any team he touched.

The NFL just told Limbaugh what the vast majority of Americans already know...he's a small, egotistical whiner with no sense of right or wrong who needs to stick to his small corner of celebrity...conning stupid people and making his millions doing so.

Serria

Rush has been the target of racists yet again. Love you Rush!!

gayle

We don't need a Racist Druggie in the NFL.. Luv it he was DUMPED!!!

schoen1

I can't stand him. He's basically a creep who uses the airwaves to disseminate his racist comments to ignorant people.

jen

The NFL gives “second chances” only to thugs, murderers, rapists, drunks, druggies, felons, dog killers, and steroid junkies...but a conservative talk show host who wants to use his own money to buy a team that is the worst in the league? No.

Rush Fan

This is bull. Haven't you heard of free enterprise!!

nightcrawler

In a few years the NFL will be bankrupt. Financial disaster is just around the corner for all of us.

Just sayin'

tangledweb

Do you really want to play that kind of childish, out of context, can't recognize sarcasm, BS? Cause I can go copy and past some Obama quotes on here if that's how you want to play it...

LongJohn69

This just goes to prove how much of a strangle hold the PC types have put on the NFL.

Just sayin'

RUSH IS MY HERO!!!!!

wilder

The Chicago Sun-Times (supporting Lmbaugh's rights) NAILED IT yesterday:

"Yes, it's weird to think that a man who never has a good word to say about African Americans would want to become part of the NFL, where the majority of players are black. But it's just as weird to hear that Limbaugh is going to judge the Miss America Pageant because he never has anything good to say about women, either. Come to think of it, except for a handful of his political cronies, this guy never has anything good to say about anyone.

I know that many people take him seriously, but no one should. He's a charlatan who preys on stupid people. That's unfortunate but irrelevant to this discussion. Limbaugh might be a joke, but there's no NFL rule forbidding clowns from owning a team."