Akon to Baby Mama: Can't Find Me, Try MySpace!

10/19/2009 1:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of Akon's child has been trying (and failing) to serve him with legal papers over child support -- so now she's gonna call him out in the L.A. Times.

Akon

The lawyer for Farrah Coleman tells us they will be taking out an ad in Monday's L.A. Times to serve Akon publicly. If he doesn't respond, they will pursue a default judgment.

But we caught up with Akon in NY -- and it's all news to him. As he told our guy, "You got a hold of me and you ain't even trying. I'm a celebrity. My schedule is on the internet. You can go on my MySpace, it'll tell you where I'm at!"

Simone

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simone

This guy is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!! If he is the father of the child, he owns the child support. He has to be man enough to get his responsability over this situation. Sucker!!!!!!

Pistol

Stand up and be a man!

ADRIANA

A bit of modesty never hurt anyone, not even AKON "I'm a celebrity. ":)

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

Another gold-digger sitting by the phone waiting for talk show offers. She needs to buy some braincells if she thinks another groupie getting knocked up and abandoned by a rapper is news.

mikeblack

stay in school YOU DEADBEAT LOSER and speak english correctly!!! (No, 'where I'm at' is not correct! ) Once A CON, always A CON!

Wait a minute,that's my house!

LOSER.

why?

Statistics don't lie. Approximately 50% to 70% of African American children are born with out a father. Children with out fathers are way more likely to grow up with all varieties of social problems. Drop out rates are high in this group, criminality is very high. Rage and depression permeates throughout these poor kids.The men are too weak and cowardly to stand up and be real men and fathers. Have you ever just hung out with many of these losers. They behave like ignorant immature tards.They have no concern for their off spring. They are calloused ,cold and incapable of understanding responsibility.They don't know what love is. However they are the first to say it's "the man" keeping their communities impoverished. It just goes to show how truly ignorant and stupid they are. I'm not making this up. These are the facts. I'm not speaking from a place of hate..just disgust.How are we hard working loving parents expected to feel anything less than contempt for a people who wont even thake care of their own. To me that is about as low as you can go.

Cali MJ Fan

His answers were good. He was nice about Farrah (baby mama not Fawcett) and made a great point about locating him through his public sites. I have to agree-- sounds like the attorneys are creating publicity.

LMAO at the end-- "stop that, he's family"... WTG TMZ!

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

Yet ANOTHER violent Black Muslim celebrity. Tsk.

Ren

HEY ,SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO CONTACT YOU PARTNER: CHILDREN ARE GIFTS FROM GOD. SHAME ON YOU FOR WHAT YOU SAID. NO I DON'T THINK A WOMAN SHOULD RECEIVE BIG SUMS OF MONEY (KELIS) HOWEVER I THINK A MAN SHOULD TAKE CARE OF HIS SEED. I UNDERSTAND WHY MEN RUN, JUDGES ARE AWARDING ENORMUS (REDICULOUS) SUMS OF MONEY FOR SUPPORT. i JUST HOPE THE ONE PAYING SUPPORT DOESN'T BLAME THE CHILD. THEY NEED BOTH PARENTS, MY HOPE IS PARENTS CAN COME TOGETHER AND DISCUSS THE REARING OF THE CHILDREN AND NOT TO BRING UP THE PAST. MOVE AHEAD, STOP THE POWER STRUGGLE. WHY CAN'T JUDGES INSIST ON PARENTS PLAN OF REARING THE CHILD?

nikki

Comment #15 You are right!

This guy is a TURD didn't he just get busted for doing something to a minor? Take care of your child! Give the "baby mama" the money so that she can support the innocent child in this situation. Jeeze what is wrong with you there is no excuse you can give to make this right simply step up to the plate and do the right thing!

Stew

Seems like a genuinely cool guy and he is talented as hell. You gotta give him respect for what he said to his body guard at the end lol.

Anyway, if he owes child support, I'm sure he will pay it. I don't think he's hurting for money lol. Just seems to me like another gold diggin' ex who wants some fame and notoriety.

Krazed

Being a single African American father of two daughters i find it offensive to say that "statistics" say whatever about African American fathers. My beef is this, the system is geared towards the mother, so when they do go to court for child support judges are being ridiculous with the amounts. Setting amounts that they know the father will be unable to pay which leads to two things: 1) the father not stepping up and doing whats right or even attempting to do whats right and 2) jail time. When I was paying support to my "BM" it was the same amount as my monthly rent. Now that I have custody her payment is over six hundred dollars less and of course she doesnt pay it. So does the courts go after her as they did me....NO! Im not making excuses for ANY PARENT, black, white, green or yellow but lets be realistic and truly look at those "statistics."