'Scooby Doo' 911 Call - 'I'm Bleeding Quite Badly'

10/21/2009 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

YOU GOTTA HEAR THIS: TMZ has obtained the gnarly 911 call made after Nick Palatas -- who plays Shaggy in a new "Scooby Doo" movie -- sliced his thumb open with a table saw.

Palatas -- who had been working with the saw at his house in Northridge, CA back in September -- made the frantic call himself ... telling the dispatcher he "cut it all the way down to the bone ... I must have cut a half-inch off my finger ... I'm bleeding quite badly."

When the dispatcher asks Palatas if he's breathing normally, the actor replies: "I'm trying to keep it as normal as possible, sir, it hurts like f**k!!" Palatas was eventually taken to the hospital and sewn up.

We give this call two mangled thumbs up.

T in Chi-town

FIRST... Finally

Party 'till you die!

Help me! I've got a Scooby Boo Boo on my widdle finger!

Rats Rokay Raggy! Re'll srend a ramburance!

Jen

Who??

Bash a Pap

IT WAS NOT STRAIGHT TO DVD. IT PREMIERED ON CARTOON NETWORK. BUT DON'T LET THE FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR "REPORTING" TMZ!

Manny

Zoinks!!!!

CIVILIZED

he'd make a crappy mohel

CIVILIZED

sarah palin is still an evil whore.

Jack

Where is Velma when you need her.

Katt

This is news??? WTF!!
Where's the real news? Why does TMZ spout trash about celebs or humiliating shots but nothing when they do something good for themselves? You guys had pics of K-fed all over the place when he ballooned in weight, yet a British tabloid is actually showing pics of his losing weight and how. Yeah he's not a top dog celeb but at least he did something about it which is an inspiration to those who aren't. (Kirstie maybe?)

doc murry

too bad he didnt cut his neck and bleed to death,,what a waste of space..
and sara palen looks doable but she is as wacky as wacko

Jim

Shaggy Hope your paw gets better soon! Must be tough walking on 3 legs!!

Brianna

Your first story claimed his mother had to go back and get his severed thumb and that it could not be reattached, but his 911 call proves that it was not cut off...get it straight, will ya??!!

Simone

I have never heard about this guy. Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Jo

911? Seriously? What a puss. Should have put a rag around it and driven his happy self to the emergency room. Ambulance? Puh-lease!

Satanlka

What is it about internet comments that make people think they can be such jerks? Someone commented that he should have cut his neck and died he's a waste of space??!?! WTF?? He's just a young guy that had a accident. Who cares if you haven't heard of him, I HAVE. It's YOU I've never heard of. Anyway, he sounds like a nice guy, not often you hear someone his age calling anyone sir anymore. I hope he gets well soon!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments