« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dodgers Owner -- Cold as Ice

10/24/2009 12:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt bleeds Dodger blue -- judging from the way he fired his wife of 30 years ... his blood is colder than ice.

TMZ obtained the "Notice of Termination" Frank MAILED to his soon-to-be-ex wife Jamie -- who was fired from her job as co-CEO of the team the day before the Dodgers were eliminated from the playoffs. Mind you, this letter was sent just 2 weeks before the couple's 30th wedding anniversary.

The letter begins, "Dear Jamie -- This is to inform you that your employment with and positions as Chief Executive Officer and Vice Chairperson of Los Angeles Dodgers LLC, as well as any and all of the positions that you hold ... are hereby terminated effective immediately."

Though hard to believe, it gets even colder:

"Because your employment is held at-will, the Organization is not required to have cause to terminate your employment and may do so for any reason or no reason at all.

However, your actions, including, but not limited to, your insubordination, non-responsiveness, failure to follow procedures, and inappropriate behavior with regard to a direct subordinate, have made this decision necessary
"

And for good measure, we've also learned Frank locked Jamie out of her office today. We're told Jamie called her assistant and asked her to open the office door -- she was informed her key no longer worked.

Nice touch Frank.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

voice of reason

1.) she ran thru a stop-sign at 3rd base, & was out at home

2.) could not hit to right when needed to advance runners

3.) demanded to be the team DH, it's the national league, stupid

4.) refused to shower with the rest of the team

and you all are worried about Rush Limbaugh being an owner!!!

SD

I typically like TMZ, but this is 100% irresponsible on their part. They did nothing to look into the vericity of these accusations and judged this guy an a-hole. Maybe she was the b-hole? If she was, as a VP of a company myself, I would have covered myself legally the same.

Mary

You are not alone! My cold heart husband who will remain nameless did the same thing before our twenty anniversary - then had the nerve to call me and tell me how proud he was of me! Now remember I got him with the mistress in my car I purchased and he tried to run me off the road; but I was not driving my daughter was driving. So dear, something is wrong in this country when men get away like Jon, my husband and this creep. Something has to change about our values in this country. We act too much like the soap operas and night time television. This is acting. Our lives are not an act. People are being morally wrong and get paid and justified hurting others. We all can afford million dollar lawyers are even $1500 dollars lawyers. So wake up people before this happens to someone in your family.

tessa

The Dodgers worked hard this year but they didn't deserve to go if this is their owner because he doesn't deserve it. He should try and be a role model just like he would expect from his players.

Bobp

The sanctity of heterosexual marriage, indeed.

Robin

What kind of man does this to his wife? Business may be business, but this was also a very long marriage. How is a woman "insubordinate" to her own husband? What does it say when he takes potshots at her in the press to try to improve his own financial position?

I'm disgusted by this story.

angie

la sucks

Cali MJ Fan

Well, it appears Frank might have had a reason to lock Jamie out, according to this article-- she's trying to take over the Dodgers.

Paul F.

Dodgers SUCK !!!!! Go Giants

Karen Jackson

Marriages Are Not Ment To Last When The Belief System Indoctrinated Into Our Psyche Be Fruitful Multiply, White Dress,And All That Capitalistic Bull Crap. If A Person Is Lucky Enough To Find Someone Who Accepts All Their Nastiness, And Issues Along With The Good Side Of You And You Can Communicate Without Feeling Judged That Is Just The Start; The Sex And Exploration Is The Key. My Point Is Men And Women Get Bored Especially With The Wrong Person That They Realize After The Wedding.
Women Mainly And Men Do Get Fat. If You Cannot See Your Vagina And Penis When You Look Straight Down It Is A Problem When You Have To Move Aside The Fat Just To Get a Glimpse.
Anything Could Have Happened In This Marriage The Possiblities And Grey Areas are Endless Like In Many Other Marriages. He Is Man Taking Control. What Does Not Make Him Happy He Obviously Discards That Problem In Whatever Form He Legally Chooses.
AS A SOCIETY WE DREAD BEING OPEN TO MORAL CENSURE; CAST THE 1ST STONE ANYONE....ANYONE....

Sam

As much as TMZ and others would like to bring emotion into this letter, Frank did everything properly according to legal requirements. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it as neither I nor anyone else commenting here (or TMZ for that matter) has all the facts. Assume all you want about the situation, but you are just guessing blindly. Did you really expect the letter to be warm and fuzzy? Get real, people.

Phil

Frank's the consummate businessman . . . he's trading in a 50 for two 25s.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6