« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

GLAAD to Jericho: Thanks for 'Hollow' Apology

11/5/2009 2:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

GLAAD isn't buyin' Chris Jericho's apology for using anti-gay and racist slurs at a recent event -- in fact, the gay rights group is going after the wrestler for being "insincere and worn."

Chris Jericho

Jarrett Barrios -- president of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation -- tells TMZ:

Chris Jericho: Click to watch"Just three months ago Chris Jericho's boss and WWE Chairman Vince McMahon acknowledged to GLAAD that words matter.

There is no time, context or occasion in which it is acceptable to utter racist and anti-gay slurs. Jericho's hollow apology 'if (he) offended anyone' is a template used by many and is insincere and worn
."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Scott

Simone is a member of glad as in in "extra heafty glad bags" lol

Scott

Simone is a member of gladd as in extra hefty gladd bags......

Erik

Good thing NO ONE CAAAAAAAAAAAARES.

noneofyourbusiness

WHO CARES?!?!?!?! GLAAD needs to grow a pair of balls and get over it already. Everyone is always offended about everything. If I let everything everyone said bother me so bad, I would have had a heart attack by now. Damn.

balls

balls

Just sayin'

Glaad isn't buying it. Who CARES! Screw them!

J C

Calling someone names or slurs is wrong,but what's worse is going to a group like GLADD for Your morality.
GLADD advocates using the word "gay" to characterize oneself even if someone is dealing with a personal issue which has led them to unwanted same sex attraction.
People can come out of homosexual addiction and false identity.It's a proven fact that GLADD actually works to suppress.

the a-hole

Jerricoh is OF AND BE!!!
If gay be, then OF a lesbian and put parts of a woman to another woman and man to another; IT IS THEIR WAY, SO DON'T LAUGH, JERRICOH!!
IT IS SERIOUS!!
When a gay IS, a baby is NOT BE; IT'S SCIENCE OF!!!
Science of the lesbian and the gay is be-of, for when parts touch to parts, it's science in books and dvds in Libraries.
Baby-making it seems, BUT NO! There IS jettison, sperm and eggs, BUT OVER THERE AND HERE (NOT TOGETHER!!)
It's separate be, AND THAT IS THE SCIENCE OF GAY AND LESBIAN!!
IT IS SERIOUS!!! DO NOT LAUGH THE ACT!!
THAT'S CHEETAH CHIBATA!!

Mikey

Say NO to Homo Marriage.

Mikey

Glad I ain't homo, Hadji.

shabbs69

boy how gay is this!

kimmi

Ok, that grapefruit spread is not an aioli, and it sounds nasty as warm hobo ass!

JoeyC

Glaad shut up already. all your crying about getting your feelings hurt just makes you look like a bunch of f***!. LOL

Seriously

GLAAD : You're acting like a bunch of Preschool Drama Queen Divas.

You offend at least 40% of the general population by just being homosexual. You offend just about every religion and I personally don't see them hopping on T.V or writing letters to you telling you plead for forgivness for grabbing your partners rear end in front of my children.

Words are words, plain and simple. I say "that's gay" more than I can count, and I have no problem with homosexual people. It's just a WORD a SAYING and has nothing to do with you personally. I don't care either, I have a voice and I will say what I want without fear of being punished for it.

Maybe people would respect you more if you stopped being such PC Drama Queens. I know I would. When you complain about every little word though it puts you into that group of people I don't even want to support. Get off your high horses, you can't say through your entire life you have NEVER said something you shouldn't have or offended someone. It's a part of life, and whining like little babies about if you are homosexual or not IS GAY!

rhbjorn

Opinions are never a reason to apologize

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments