« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Philadelphia Phillies -- The Loneliest March

11/5/2009 2:57 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

With no fans, smiles or any support mechanism in sight, the Philadelphia Phillies returned from losing the World Series to the New York Yankees last night and moped silently as a team back into their New York hotel.

Philadelphia Phillies: Click to watch
This may be the saddest thing you'll see all day.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

PATTY

IM A DODGER GIRL BUT I WAS REALLY HOPING THE PHILLIES WOULD WIN CUZ THEY DEFINITELY PLAYED BETTER THEN THE YANKEES...YOU CAN JUST TELL THEY WANTED IT A WHOLE LOT MORE THEN THE DODGERS, ANGELS AND YANKEES...

So?

The Phillies are a kick ass team that played their hearts out and show a ton of passion for the game. And their fans are loyal to the core.

The Yankees, with a few notable exceptions, are the strutting, preening brand names of baseball, posing for the cameras and turning America's favorite past time into a red carpet. I'd wager that 1 in 10 of their "fans" are actually follow baseball and the other 9 just think they look tough or stylish in Yankees logo gear. ("Jay-Z has a lid like this!")

Just my take. Whatever.

RED SOX IN 2010! GO SOX!!!

UGGGGHHH

AT LEAST THE PHILLIES DO NOT DO DRUGS.

HOPE IT RAINS ON THE SKANKS PARADE.... THEY DID NOT DESERVE TO WIN.

HERE IS THE FACTS ABOUT THE SKANKS

A FRAUD

A ROID

A HOLE

SKANKS MAKE ME SICK.........

Phils fan

Ha, really, TMZ? The Phillies were supposed to be skipping and jumping into their hotel after losing the World Series? And it was an away game, remember? Because I sure as hell was at 30th Street Station cheering them on when they returned home today!

The Phils may have lost, but I am proud of my team and proud to be a fan. Three straight division titles, two back-to-back trips to the World Series, and one WS championship. That ain't shabby at all, that's something to be proud of!

PhilliesPhanPhorever

i still lOVE Phillies

enolam

GO PHILLIES! We love you!

Jessica

Philly is a loser city with a loser football team with their star player Vick. Philadelphia fans accept Vick and root for him when he plays and that is disgusting. Boo Eagles! Go Cowboys! Lose Eagles and Vick! Ha Ha New York WON the World Series and Philly is a loser again. Ha Ha Ha Ha Vicks karma is a voodoo on the city of Philadelphia! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

UGGGGHHH

I hope ALL the skankees get the SWINE FLU and never recover

PhilliesPhanPhorever

YANKEES are GAY and PHILLIES are AWESOME! tmz's just blind to see how PHillies had a great world series and season and that PHillies will REIGN AGAIN, 2010(: ily, cliff lee!

me

I have never seen such a bunch of sore losers in my life!! Hey Philly fans, YOU LOST, JUST ADMIT IT!! The Yankees were the better team, too bad! The Yankees DESERVE this win. GO YANKEES, DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR BOYS!! Oh and tell Jimmy Rollins he can GO BLOW, maybe he'll think next time he opens his BIG MOUTH!

me

Hey ANGE, WHAT DO THE GIANTS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS, RETARD???? THIS IS ABOUT THE YANKEES YOU SORE LOSER! ANYWAY, THE GIANTS WON THE SUPERBOWL IN 2007, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THE LOSER EAGLES WON????

me

GO HOME LOSERS, WHAT BABIES YOU ALL ARE, LMAO!!!!

me

I used to root for the Phillies because I hate the Mets, but NEVER AGAIN. What a bunch of immature little kids who can't admit DEFEAT!! HEY BE SURE TO WATCH OUR PARADE TOMORROW!!! GO YANKEES, SIMPLY THE BEST, ALWAYS!!!!

me

S O R E L O S E R S!!!!!!!!!!!!

me

GO YANKEES, YOU ARE THE BEST TEAM, ALWAYS WAS, ALWAYS WILL BE!! I hope The Cowboys kick the dog murdering Eagle's butts on Sunday!! DOG MURDERERS AND SORE LOSERS IN PHILLY!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments