Janet Jackson Watches Janet Flash Mob

11/16/2009 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Flash mobs usually pay homage to musicians who are no longer with us -- or at least ones who aren't right there -- but the Janet Jackson mob this weekend had a very special guest ... Janet herself!

Janet Jackson

But it wasn't a coincidence -- it was all to promote Janet's greatest hits album, which comes out Tuesday.

Still cool though.

Luv-Lee

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE HER!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR HER NEW VIDEO FOR "MAKE ME". AND SHE WILL BE PERFORMING AT THE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS NOVEMBER 20TH AT 8PM. SHE'S OPENING THE SHOW!!! IIIII CAAAAAANT WAAAAAAAAAAAIT!!!!! I LOVE JANET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv-Lee

OMG!!!I meant November 22. Sunday at 8pm Janet will open the show. Janet was already working on the greatest hits album before Michael passed away so stop talking Sh!t because you don't know what you are talking about. Janet's concerts was NOT canceled because of poor ticket sales. I went to the NY show for the Rock With You tour and it was a PACKED HOUSE!! I mean PACKED. Not one chair empty. Janet LOVES her brother and Michael loved her just as much and they were the closest siblings out of the family. She would never use Michael or his death for anything!!! So that is TACKY for you to even suggest that. Michael would never want Janet to stop her life because of what happened. Im praying for you and the family Janet!!

MJFANFOREVER

Cindee

I am with u. TACKY. ITS ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$

kim

WHAT CONVENIENT TIMING FOR HER ALBUM TO COME OUT! THIS FAMILY IS THE WORST AT CASHING IN ON THEIR BROTHERS DEATH. SICKENING

Medea

One, a fan or no, Janet deserves to be recognized for her own merits and flaws, not those of her brother. As someone who regularly participates in flash mobs, I wouldn't quite call this one, but cool. Bunch of people doing something odd = win.

Two: WOW! This isn't grade school, but I'll bring some people up to date. Just because someone doesn't like something does not mean they are a "hater" or jealous because (insert-name-here) is famous, etc. Guess what? Given the option of listening to my daughter's music for several hours or puncturing my eardrums, I would have to contemplate the decision. In the same vein, I'm sure my grandmother has similar feelings about my music and tastes.

People have different tastes. This doesn't mean anything other than... *gasp* They like different things than you do! Oh! The angst! The horror! The humanity! The DRAMA!!!

SpiderZ