Rod Stewart

Sued By His Lawyers

11/17/2009 9:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The law firm that represented Rod Stewart for more than 20 years is suing the rocker for a whopping $3,309,871.34 for back legal fees.

We're told the fees were not paid for 3 separate matters.

mike

I can't believe no one is shocked at the huge bill and I wonder how much money these lawyers have already bleed him for. Maybe Will Rogers was right about lawyers.

Bernard

Wow, thats a helluva alot of legal fees. I wonder what the three "matters" were.

Sassy

Geez! GEEEEEZ!

mspity

Too bad!!!!!!Rod

Simone

Holy crap on a cracker!

PolarBear

Now why does this immediately think of the Faces reforming and making mega-millions with a great album and tour?

sickofittoo

People please- Stewart is notorious for his cheap ways - NOTORIOUS!
Pay up Stewie...

that.is.all

Probably racked up those bills defending his loser son.

nikki

I have always wondered how this little wart of a man made his millions he says he has. Who listens to this burnout??? Pay up douche!

bka62223

I'm sure that this is an effort to bring his lawers to the table tp hammer out a fair fee. Rod, my friends, is far from hurting for money. He's probably got that in spare change under his many sofa cushions. Mr. Sterwart is a prince of a man and an incredible showman. While he worked his ass of during his high energy concerts, Rod never had to rely on lip-synching, like the acts of today. Personally, I've seen 'em all from "the day," Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, The Who... you name it.... Rod ranks right up with 'em at the top. Again... WHAT A SHOWMAN!!! As a just turned 16 year old, I had the pleasure of meeting Rod & The Faces. Misters Wood & Lane even took the time to share a little wine & a quick smoke... I was treated like I was one of the gang. What a great memory & what great concerts. Much appreciation Rod!!!

Skank

What a jerk! Probably all the "baby mama's" he has to tend with! As fug as he is, no way would anyone be with him if it weren't for his MILLIONS!

Raejean

Does three by any chance coincide with how many divorces he's had?

shuffler

TMZ teaches me that lawyers are on top of things. Artists, the losers.

What I don't understand is this: If I were not paid in a timely manner for one job I did, I would be doing a second. Or a third. I'm assuming the non-payment was for the last 3 jobs, given the firm has done work for 20 years. Am I right?

shuffler

would = wouldn't. Typo.

whynot

this guy is my baby. bka, i totally agree. this man is a class act. he has been my favorite for many years. i have seen him live 10 times and he has never disappointed. if i had the money rod, i'd loan it to you!! as for all of you insulting this decades long success story.....it's past your bedtime. you obviously listen to the likes of miley cyrus and eminem. this man is the real thing.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments