Oprah -- Just What the Doctor Ordered

11/19/2009 9:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey insiders tell TMZ Oprah initially planned to announce she was quitting her show earlier than today ... but the decision was delayed for strategic reasons.

Oprah

We're told Oprah will be making her big announcement tomorrow because it's the last taping day of the show for the rest of the year.

As for the strategic reasons .... one insider says Oprah wants "The Dr. Oz Show" to slip into her time period on ABC when her show goes off the air. We've learned "The Dr. Oz Show" becomes a free agent literally within days of the final curtain for "Oprah." Will ABC buy Oz?

Stay tuned ...

Grouch

Good riddance to both... oz won't last for long.

ihatemichaeljackson&hisfans

Oh happy day!!!! See ya you fat sow!

Pookie

She's washed up, played out, so yesterday.
No one cares about her on TMZ.
No comments on her.
Tampax Tila gets bigger press than her fat self!!

ewwwwwwwwwww

Finally! Good bye and so long. Please, please, please never come back. Whites...can't you see that she is racist against whites??? I mean come one-she is black and her dumb ass black people come first. She has degraded whites for a long time-it's time for her to go away for she can look like a black woman. Have you ever seen her with not make-up? And what about her fake wigs-hell she's black-blacks don't have hair like white people.

So long O...please never come back :) Best news for the year of 2009!!!

ewwwwwwwwwww

Yes,O please go pick some cotton and service white folk!!! Best news I've heard all year long!!! You're getting old and just plain boring! We need young new bodies out their.

camaguey

I wonder why old photos of Oprah keep being shown! I happened to see her, while I was channel-surfing earlier today, and I had to stop for a second. That woman is bigger than 77 barns! How embarrassing! Of course, she has an excuse for why she is so fat! It's not that she eats like 92 families! I couldn't believe it! Her face, as she sat there on that couch, was bigger than the TV screen! GET SOME PRIDE AND LOSE WEIGHT!

cosmo in texas

never gave a crap about harpo, glad she is leaving. The fat pig thinks she rules America. Well, guess what you don't. Even Obama droped you like a hot potato after he got the Black vote. Every thing you do backfirews and you run like he@# Go Marry Gayle. Tou are a joke.

excretive producer

With the pounds she's been packing this blimp looks like she ate her OWN network. Check KFC for local listings.

Irene

Saw Dr. Oz a few times but was afraid of turning into a hypocondriac. After awhile, he makes you think you have everything and I do not go to doctors and don't want to start now. I feel that Oprah has done her time and should go onto other things.

ROTTWEILER

FINALLY! I THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD NEVER COME. SHE WILL PROBABLY BE LIKE BRET FAUVRE AND BE BACK IN A MONTH OR IS IT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. WHO COULD WATCH THIS FLUFF ANYWAY? PROBABLY THE SAME CREW WHO DOESN'T WORK AND DROOLS OVER THE LEFTIST LIBERAL HOLLYWOOD CRACK POTS ON THE VIEW. THEY ARE THE MOST VACUOUS WOMAN AND THEY CERTAINLY DON'T REPRESENT ANY OF MY PEERS.

TA TA OPIE, THERE IS A WING AWAITING YOU IN THE BIG HOUSE OR MAYBE CAMP DAVID? HOPE YOUR BUD TAXES THE PANTS OFF YOU SINCE YOU CERTAINLY SHOULD REDISTRIBUTE YOUR WEALTH TO ME. YOU AND HARPO PRODUCTIONS HAS MORE MONEY THAN ALLAH.

janet

why do people car that opie is leaving cable she's just going to her own channel it's to make more money for her. It's going to be the same show she's not dumb enough to change something that made her a billionaire. Jay leno's show will be gone because he changed the whole crappy show. opie will have the same crap don't worry you fluffy little heads.

Afan

She just wants to eat her way to a hippopotamus without people complaining. After the last show she's going to a buffet with Aretha Franklin.

Duo

I cried when I heard that she's moving to cable. I've watched her every day most of my life. She feels like family. I have so much respect for her.

sL

I haven't watched her show in so long.. it got to wear she was always preaching .... and then with the whole weight issue.. turns out, she doesn't even take her own advice.. as for Dr. Oz... Ehhh.. I have watched the show and it's kinda boring..........

cookies

I'm already sick of Dr. Oz. His show is always about fearful diseases that we are supposed to think that we may have. I have enough to worry about without Dr. Oz's help.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3