'Early Show' Censors Gay Kiss ... When It's Men

11/25/2009 3:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

As far as "The Early Show" goes, a kiss is just a kiss ... except when it's a male-on-male kiss.

Adam Lambert

During an interview on "The Early Show" this morning, Adam Lambert's AMAs same-sex face suck was blurred out -- but moments later they ran a completely uncensored version of Madonna and Britney's infamous 'lesbian' lip-lock at the MTV VMAs.

All along Adam has said, "...if it had been a female pop performer doing the moves that were on the stage, I don't think there would be nearly as much of an outrage." Dude may have a point.

TMZ called CBS for comment -- so far, their lips are sealed.

maria tortilla

IF A KISS IS ALL IT WAS THEN THIS WOULD NOT BE THE NEWS STORY THAT IT IS. BUT WE ARE NOT SIMPLY TALKING ABOUT A KISS NOW ARE WE. SIMULATING ORAL SEX IS TASTELESS AND MAKES NO SENSE WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT. THIS IS HIS MUSIC CAREER, WHY BRING THIS LEWD ACT INTO A MUSICAL PERFORMANCE. OH, AND LETS NOT FORGET THE LADIES CROTCH GRAB! WHAT THE? WHY?
YES, ARTISTS ARE USUALLY SEXUALLY CHARGED ON STAGE (MEN AND WOMEN) BUT THIS IS TOO FAR, AND THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE. IF THIS WAS HIS CONCERT THAT PEOPLE PAID TO SEE, THEN THATS ONE THING, HAVE A BALL, DO YOUR THING. BUT TONE IT DOWN FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC OUT OF RESPECT. HE WOULD NEVER WON DOING THIS ON AI, SO IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW MANY FANS HE WILL HAVE NOW, LOL. WHAT AN IDIOT. HE SHOULD HAVE WAITED TO HAVE ENOUGH STAR POWER TO BE ABLE TO DO THESE THINGS INSTEAD OF WHEN HE IS JUST STARTING OUT. OH WELL.....
THAT IS MY 2 CENTS

THE END

m

Beth, Believe it or not oral sex simulation is not against FCC guidelines. As someone else pointed out, Cougartown on ABC, airs at 9 and they simulated oral sex.
Your daughter is 12.. perhaps you should talk to her about the birds and the bees...though I agree a 12 year old shouldn't be exposed to this, perhaps you should have recorded it and watched it before your daughter did. ABC advertised his performance, specifically, as something that (indirect quote) "you'd have to see to believe and you'd be talking about the next day".
And don't kid yourself. FYE's lyrics are sexual in nature, regardless of who it's performed.

trre

by "shocking" the str8 audience this idiot did nothing but set us back a few steps...i can see why people would b turned off by this cheap attempt at trying 2 stretch another day out of 15 min's...str8 people please try and understand, we ain't all out there playing "shock value"...i ain't trying 2 sell record's or make a name 4 myself, i like most of u have 2 struggle day by day and do my best 2 get by, this headline whore does NOT represent me as a gay male in any way

London not England

I don't watch American Idol..they're ALL a bunch of untalented fame whores to me...except for Jennifer Hudson. As for this tool, he needs to bring it down a notch...YES WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE HERE, YOUR QUEER, AND WE'RE GETTING USED TO IT....
but you're ALSO treading on thin ice until you make an actual NAME for yourself ADAM. Really...
Bring it down just a notch.....and concentrate on your music, not your SHOCK value.....
This is why most "celebrities" stay in the closet. Take a tip from Ryan Seacrest, and Anderson Cooper. Everyone knows they're on the "down-low", and they've got faaaaaar more bucks than you've got at the moment. So just relax, and stay the course. you'll get to shove your sexuality in our faces again....just become a household name first. Ooops...well I guess you've accomplished that already!

Tiger's Help Sucks Too

When I want to see simulated sex acts or anyone's tongue in anyone else's mouth I'll rent the movie. I'm not looking for or expecting it on prime time TV, not even the normally low-class AMAs. OK, Adam was no less gross then those pigs Madonna and Britney. Wooo-hooo. Happy now, Adam?

m

maria tortilla you are a moron. typing in caps makes this all the more obvious. this article is NOT about the oral sex simulation. learn how to read.

kettlekitty

What it all comes down to is that he is gay. We wouldn't have a problem if a man and a women were to kiss on stage. We can even have man and women sex scenes on shows that are played before 10:00 p.m.. I have saw strippers pole dancing on primetime t.v shows. Come on really. He is gay deal with it. I am not offended with it at all.

E. Rex Shun

Nobody wants to see 2 dudes kiss, except Harvey, everybody wants to see 2 chicks kiss.

Jean

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KISS!! IT'S ABOUT THE SIMULATED ORAL SEX!!! THERE'S NO "ARTISTIC INTEGRITY" WITH THAT.

Evw

Haha. What CBS did just totally proved Adam's arguments about the double standard America has. What's even more funny is that Britney and Madonna are both straight. So it's okay to show a gay kiss if it's done by two women, who are not lesbians, but not okay to show a gay kiss when it's done by an actual gay guy?

m

Haha. GTFO. Learn how to read. Your opinion has nothing to do with this article, moron.

Donna

There is a double standard. Yes, I was disappointed with Adam's expression of artistic freedom, but the majority of the women performing that night were just as disappointing in how they conducted themselves. I don't think Adam should be so severely pointed out as some kind of culprit. I'm also upset by the outrage of the poor children who happened to watch. What the heck are they doing up at near 11 p.m. on a school night anyway? Jackson's opening act with her allusion (crotch emphasis) of "giving it up" was offensive, as were Rhianna, Lady Gaga, Shakira . . . they all expressed themselves shockingly with graphic movements. I wish Adam had only been a bit racy, not raunchy, and not sooooo over the top; and I wish he'd emphasized his voice more as he's incredibly talented. Still, I do think a double standard is clearly evident. His performance occurred after 10 p.m. The AMA is the kind of show that will have controversial performances, no one should think that in watching it they're going to be watching Ed Sullivan or something. I do hope, though, Adam will tone down the raunch so his talent will be spotlighted positively. It was wrong that he was canceled the next morning. I think he should be trusted to know how to conduct his performance according to venue (morning versus after 10 p.m.).

maria tortilla

M

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT TO READ MY COMMENT AND STRESS YOURSELF OUT FOR NO REASON!! WOOHOO, MY PLAN WORKED. I LOVE TO MAKE PEOPLE IRRITATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO

HAVE FUN ARGUEING WITH EVERYONE ELSE ON HERE ALL DAY LONG!

MUAH

Smooth Criminals

The things I found really offensive was the S&M and bondage that no one is even talking about. Putting 2 men on leashes and having them walk on all fours along with other dancers furthering the S&M theme dressed in chains and leather seems to be fine and dandy.

IMO ABC gave Lambert a lot of latitude in what they did show. The only thing that was blocked out was the simulated oral sex.

I think Lambert is playing the gay card, and a lot of people are afraid to criticize for fear of being called homophobic. I think S&M and bondage sex is dehumanizing whether it's gay or straight.

What Lambert did do it feed into the stereotypical view of all gay men being into sexual perversion and his coming out has set gay acceptance steps backward.

Evw

@E. Rex Shun: Correction. I think you mean "no [STRAIGHT DUDE] wants to see 2 dudes kiss, and [STRAIGHT DUDES] want to see 2 chicks kiss".