'Early Show' Censors Gay Kiss ... When It's Men

11/25/2009 3:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

As far as "The Early Show" goes, a kiss is just a kiss ... except when it's a male-on-male kiss.

Adam Lambert

During an interview on "The Early Show" this morning, Adam Lambert's AMAs same-sex face suck was blurred out -- but moments later they ran a completely uncensored version of Madonna and Britney's infamous 'lesbian' lip-lock at the MTV VMAs.

All along Adam has said, "...if it had been a female pop performer doing the moves that were on the stage, I don't think there would be nearly as much of an outrage." Dude may have a point.

TMZ called CBS for comment -- so far, their lips are sealed.

dhinkansas

This flap needs to just go away. He came in second on a glorified talent show...hasn't earned the right yet for all the "artistic liberties" he thinks he's entitled to.

MinnesotaNice

You know...there is one other scenario I hadn't considered until just now. This very well could have been a well crafted publicity stunt on Adam's part to get rid of and alienate his American Idol audience. You know, piss off the AI crowd enough so they won't follow him and he won't have to worry about catering to their tastes. If so, message received loud and clear Adam!

m

Or maybe he is finally allowed to be himself, as he wasn't allowed to be on AI. He's just doing his thing!

Smooth Criminals

m, I rooted for Lambert and was disappointed when his lost AI because I thought he was the most talented one there. Now he's really turned me off. I thought what he did was opportunistic. He wants to be a star above being a good performer. There are a lot of gay performers who put their singing talent first.

Beyond that the performance stunk and so did the song. He was off pitch a lot. Some people buy anything that is getting media attention.

Up until now I thought he was a nice guy. I don't think that anyone who is into dehumanizing others to get his rocks off is a nice guy. If Lambert wanted that performance to show the world who he really was, it did. And what he really is a turn off.

There's a lot of women out there who have a crush on him and don't want to face the reality of what he's reality about.

The Doc Is In

Lambert is not yet a successful entertainer. He should focus on his music. He is currently living the life of a star. He hasn't earned it yet. Save the shock til after you have proven yourself.

MinnesotaNice

@M...I guess time will tell whether I called it right. I suspect he will be a passing moment in music history. Lets be honest, he's not an artist...I reserve those titles to people with REAL talent, who right their own music. (Think Lady Gaga). She's controversial, but the woman writes here own stuff and can sing very well live! Adam's talent is singing other people's stuff and he didn't even do THAT well on Sunday night. That makes him an Entertainer who sells sex. (Think Paris Hilton). Before you go washing him with the likes of Madonna and Britney perhaps you should sit and wait to see whether that star shines or fizzles.

m

Smooth Criminals,
If homosexuality is considered dehumanizing to some viewers, ten that is their issue. As for "women out there who have a crush on him and don't want to face the reality of what he's reality about", if you see Adam's message board on his official site, most straight women who think he's good looking are a-okay with who he kisses and not deluding themselves. As for those who are? Well, he'd probably lose their patronage sooner rather than later, if not now...another time soon. He cannot live his life attempting to please everyone. No one has achieved that, yet. I'm sure he and his handlers realize this.

JLM

m

@minnesotanice

"Lets be honest, he's not an artist...I reserve those titles to people with REAL talent, who right their own music. (Think Lady Gaga)."

I'm pretty sure you mean "write" and there are tons of successful, long lasting singers who do not write their own music. Also, considering he is under 19Entertainment's thumb, he has to follow their lead.

"Adam's talent is singing other people's stuff and he didn't even do THAT well on Sunday night. That makes him an Entertainer who sells sex."

He already admitted he had a bad singing night. ONE performance does not make the man.. even the best A-list singer has had such a performance. Judging him on one performance is short sighted on your part.

"Before you go washing him with the likes of Madonna and Britney perhaps you should sit and wait to see whether that star shines or fizzles."

I have to laugh that you actually consider Britney to be of the same caliber as Madonna. That speaks volumes about what you consider"quality" The girl doesn't write (not right) her own work, either.

MinnesotaNice

@M--ha you're funny. Right/Write. Just so you know, I never claimed that Madonna or Britney were Artists. You said that controversy sells and no one does that better than Madonna and Britney. Reread what I wrote-I place them as talented ENTERTAINERS...who don't sing live, who dance well and yes, sell records and sex! I don't place Adam Lambert in either of these categories and you shouldn't yet either. He's a supernova. Share shines brightly, quickly and then burns out...

The Doc Is In

96. I love Adam and his performance on the Early Show was fantastic!! For those who say that a musician has to establish himself before he takes a risk * you do not realize that Elvis, the beatles, the Doors, David Bowie and even Madonna were held in disdain when they first started their careers. The older generation thought they were sinful, disgusting, untalented, etc. That was before they established themselves as superstars and was early in their careers. Adam's career will be just fine and record sales are up! You know you are getting old and closed minded (at least mentally if not literally) when you are the one freaking out!!!

Beatles, Elvis, Doors, Bowie, Madonna - Each extremely talented from day one.

Lambert - Not so much. Somewhat talented but not in the same league. He is on his way out. Not to wory, there are many entertainers who stayed a very short time in the light. You can find them working in studios across the world.

TMZBoy

Someone PLEASE answer a question for me and all the dudes worldwide.

Why do women totally dig nelly, gay men in make-up? (Liberace, Boy George, Adam Lambert...you get the point).

If us dudes were to put make-up all over our faces and flit around a Str8 bar waveing our wrist, snappin' our fingers and sayin' "Gurl you look FIERCE" We could get laid as many times as we wanted by any girl in the bar.

Should all us dudes start booking appointments at the make-up counter at Macy's and start practicing our swish in order to line chicks up nightly.

I'm game. You game Jim, John, Randy ? How about you Earl ?

Smooth Criminals

M, your love sickness has blinded you. I was not referring to homosexuality as dehumanizing but S&M and bondage as dehumanizing. Maybe you think treating others, male or female, like they're dogs is nifty, but I don't. BTW did Lambert even get permission from those men to do what he did to those two guys to do what he did to them--kiss one and rub the other one's face in his crotch? He's saying it was impromptu and wasn't planned.

Get a grip already.

m

MinnesotaNice,

Fortunately, you do not dictate, nor can you read the future.

Webbster

The USA is such a homophobic country. (When it's not being racist)