Italian Group:

'Jersey Shore' Was Offensive

12/4/2009 4:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MTV told Italian American groups to hold judgment on the new reality show "Jersey Shore" until they saw an episode ... well, the wait is over -- and the outrage flood gates have blown wide open.

1204_jersey_unico_ex_2-1

After last night's debut episode of the reality show, UNICO National -- the "Largest Italian American Service Organization in the USA" -- claims they "can't keep up with the volume of calls" from "outraged" Italian Americans.

TMZ spoke with a rep from the group who told us, "I suffered through all 120 mins of that show and it was worse than I imagined."

The rep added, "Italian Americans are OUTRAGED and they are helping us reach out to sponsors to ask them to stop advertising with MTV until they agree to pull Jersey Shore."

For those unfamiliar with the show -- imagine "The Hills" on steroids, dipped in bronzer, and slathered in hair gel ... only more addicting.

scott is yummy.

Fist PUMP!
we actually have guidos in canada too...we call them ginos and all the girls refer to themselves as italian american princesses LOL.

turn up the euro trash and FIST PUMP!

KKK

I would NEVER admit ( which I am NOT ) that I lived or even visited the Jersey Shore. What a nightmare of a place. I feel bad that Bon Jovi and Bruce are from there. Glad they got out and are NOT like those tools. The chicks are such losers and so EASY. The dudes are just plain TOOL BAGS Thank GOD for the MIDWEST

lena

it's a startling show, really pathetic. it's a huge hit on new jersey too. it does reach a new low in the reality shows that are just stupidly addictive...

JerseyShore

I am only OFFENDED they did not have any hot chicks on the show!!!!. For anybody that says this is typical of Jersey get a clue.. This is only typical when it comes to those who don't live on the Jersey Shore. MTV should bring the camera's over a a town or 2 so they can see all the Hot Local Jersey Shore chicks who wouldn't be caught dead at any of Those Clubs during the summer.

L.A.

Ummm Yeah..These girls talk funny on the show..The guys are fools with all that dang gel.

I dont know i would maybe hook up with one of the girls on a bad night, but yeah Jersey if this is the best ya got in the looks department you take and epic fail..lol

Lauren

I think they are Douche bags, rep your own style & not try to look like every other Douche bag out there. and 2nd, when did Music Television Network become Reality Television Network!?? Its not even a music related reality show. I WANT MY OLD MTV BACK!!!!!

Paulie Wants a Cracker

OMG what is the fuss about, if they are mad they should be mad at the people on the show but really who cares. It's funny and entertaining. Trust us nobody is going to go around thinking all Italian people are like that. There are many shows on BET or VH1 on certain people such as the Tiny and whats her names show, the show with that singers mom who is a wacked out drug user, you don't hear everyone crying they are making black people look bad. It's stupid to think we are all going to assume all Italian men are like that or Italian girls, it's a group not all. I'm Italian and I have an Italian brother we don't know anyone like this. It's like if you went to the ghetto, you would pretty much see a new side of people..these are just people who hang around the same area and act like that. Let them be, I think the show is entertaining.

buxxy

Pa leeze....there are kids like that down the shore...as a life long New Jersey resident these buffoons are real and yes, they seem to be flocking around Seaside Heights area...the rest of NJ residents just take one look and laugh in their general direction...they kind of remind us of the Gotti brothers...the hair gel, the tats...the jewelry....we're never going to live this down...these jerks are second after the Toxic Avenger...can't anyone do a show about people from Far Hills or Short Hills or anywhere else that's somewhat normal in NJ???? Yous guys...I dunno...

Janet

Offensive, yes! . . . but not nearly as offensive as The Kardashians!

G man

I am Italian American, born and raised in NJ and it is not as if NJ already has enough negative stereotypes about it, now MTV bring this sh#t on the air. I am deeply offended by this. A very small percent of italian americans act this way....and they are making it look like all of us do

JerseyShore

For post # 35!!! Bon Jovi is not from the Jersey Shore, he did move to the Jersey Shore. Still has a house there. Bruce still lives on the Jersey Shore and believe me Neither of them Live anywhere near the place you are seeing. Both live in areas where everyone is practically a millionaire. There is a whole other Jersey Shore that these Guido fools don't have any idea about. Thank God they haven't infiltrated these places yet.

E

Isn't this more about the fact thats it in New Jersey versus having Italian Americans on it? I mean it Jersey, it's a total dump and most of the kids there are like this, regardless of heritage. Just like that joke of Real Houswives of NJ... seriously, can you get anymore trashy?

London not England

ARE YOU FROM JERSEY? I'M FROM JERSEY..ARE YOU FROM JERSEY??? I'M FROM JERSEY ARE YOU FROM JERSEY"?????
I'M FROM JERSEY .....ARE YOU FROM JERSEY?????

well well

"I am from NJ- Princeton and I am all Italian. I never acted nor spoke like the characters on this show. All Italians Americans, or people from New Jersey do not speak with such ridiculous accents. Most Itialians that I know aren't loud and obnoxious. This bunch gives Itialians a bad name."

@Lisa

Yeah right. I'm in New Brunswick, NJ and this doesnt give Italians a bad name. Can you spell Italian right?

jessica

There are plenty of ridiculous stereotypes being enforced on tv, especially of women, gays and other minorites, but nobody seems to care. Cougar Town, Big Love, Sopranos, Real Housewives, Ugly Betty... shoot, practically every show on Vh1 is offensive to one group or another. I watched Jersey Shore and thought it was HILARIOUS and I absolutely plan to keep watching if they keep it on air.