'Catwoman' Actress Busts Alleged Jewel Thief

12/9/2009 8:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

'Catwoman' Actress Busts Alleged Jewel ThiefCatwoman is now a crime fighter ... or at least the woman who played Catwoman is.

Cops apprehended a man suspected of stealing $25,000 worth of jewelry from Julie Newmar's home back in 2008 -- and authorities say the actress is responsible for cracking the case.

According to law enforcement sources, 76-year-old Newmar -- who played Catwoman on the old "Batman" TV show -- was trolling through the Internet recently, when she "discovered the items for sale on Ebay."

Authorities say they were able to track the items back to a man named Robert Ouriel -- a former acquaintance of Newmar. Ouriel was eventually arrested and charged with grand theft -- if convicted he faces up to 3 years in prison.

The lesson: You mess with the kitty, you get the claws.

CeeJayRox

MEOW!

Carnac

"acquaintance..."

in other words, Old Girl was banging the foreigner.....

Lightbulb Moment

Did she happen to write him a note, starting with "To Wong Foo...Thanks for everything..." ??

UGGGGHHH

good for catwoman. What a loser Robert Ouriel is. Hope he rots in jail.

MAX POWER

Purrrrfect! She's the real Catwoman.

JustWatchMe

She still looks great!

Good for her!

wasted days and wasted nights

Hooray for Catwoman!

Bonnie

Do you guys hate women? The woman solves a crime the largely male police haven't and you take a backhand swipe at her by writing she was "trolling" the internet?

Give it a rest.

Nick

Good for Julie. Congrats.

Party 'till you die!

Good. For Her!!!!

robert foley

I wonder if this is the Robert Ouriel I know from NY, who poses as a lawyer.
Guys not playing with a full deck. Bo, you getting outfitted for prison garb.

Homer

I am Catwoman, hear me purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

HasBeens

I am VERY impressed! Julie Newmar has to be in her 60s or 70s, and she is technologically-inclined, and smart enough to solve her own crime. My Mom, who is 68, won't touch a computer with a ten foot pole.

PolarBear

Those Batman TV shows were a loooooooooooooong time ago, but I remember seeing her in it and she was so over-the-top clownish sexy it was like a sex volcano went off on screen. She was on just about the same time as "I Dream Of Genie", which featured another nose-wiggler who has built like a dream, or a genie, or a catwomen (take your pick, it was all cartoonish anyway). Batman and Robin were portrayed as introverted computer game geeks who never had a response for Ms Catwoman. Kind of like the moron on I Dream Of Genie who never showed much concern for the true beauty (Barbara Eden) who was the daily co-star, or in fact, quite obviously the star of the show.

ralphie the one-eyed

Can I scratch kitty behind the ear?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments