Duggar Baby #19 Born After Emergency C-Section

12/11/2009 11:24 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle DuggarMichelle Duggar gave birth to baby #19 last night after the reality star was rushed to the operating room for an emergency.

TMZ spoke with a rep from TLC who told us, "Michelle, who has been in the hospital recovering from a gallstone, was taken to the OR for an emergency c-section."

At 6:27 PM, Michelle and Jim Bob welcomed their new daughter, Josie Brooklyn ... who weighed in at 1lb., 6 oz.

We're told Michelle is resting comfortably and the baby is "stable" -- although she's in the neonatal intensive-care unit at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.

The rep added, "The most important thing right now is for Mom and baby Josie to get as much rest as possible. The family is grateful for all the prayers and well wishes during their recovery."

Celebrity Cute Baby Pictures

Kat

I had my daughter at the age of 45 last April. The baby was fine, but my blood pressure shot up like crazy. I had to stay in the hospital for almost a week. I would not recommend having children past 41. I thought I was in menopause, and I didn't know I was pregnant-even my doctors. Seven years without birth control, and i thought I was finished having children. I found out when I was 27 weeks, and no symptoms and hardly and weight gain. Ladies, please do not think it cannot happen to you.

Brenda

Actually those people that say they never use any government handouts or welfare, Jim Bob served as a state legistlator and receives gvovernment health insurance for life from the federal government. So, we are paying for all their births and now this new one's million dollar + care and Michelle being airlifted to the hospital (wow, wonder how much that cost?). And, they are tax extempt on their home owner's taxes because they consider their home a "church" because of all the members (kids) they have and they hold their church services there. My mom, who is very religious, even said that they should stop having children. It is ridiculous and very unhealthy for her. It is very unfair for the other kids to raise the new ones. I believe kids should have chores and by responsible, but that is nothing but slavery. It realy is a very sad situation and I pray they stop having children.

San Diegan

This lady probably pees her pants when she sneezes from having all of these babies. I hope she buys some Depends with her Huggies.

RONNIE

these people need to be arrested for child abuse!

Kelsey

Unfortunately, this won't make them stop. They don't use birth control because they think it's god's plan for them and that god won't give them more than they can handle. The baby is very likely going to have special needs because it was born at least 3 months early and it's brain won't be fully developed. Very sad. If only they would take this as a sign that they need to quit while they're ahead and before something really tragic happens. This family cannot afford to lose a mother...

Adam Hyde

It is time for them to stop. The thing is their too religiously brainwashed to stop. Has for a forced stoppage, If their promoting "Christianity" no one will stop them. No matter what anyone says the church is WAY to powerful. if these 2 were satinest their kids would of been taken long ago. The kids cant have a free thought, or any type of real life. I just hope some of them find a way to brak the cycle.

Ashley

Okay people seriously??!!! You are talking about a child here!!! whether or not you think this family has too many children, you are sick taking this out on a 1lb 6oz child!!! And yes this family just had their 19th child thats wonderful! These parents have and are raising great kids and have done everything the right way... Gods way! How many of you can say you have not taken government help or say your debt free?? People like this should be idolized not victimized, grow up work on your own problems before you criticized the innocent!

LOVEtheXFACTOR

All of you other religious KOOKS need to quit glorifying this sick and demented couple who breed like wild animals with no consideration of the fact that their family is making a devastating impact on the environment and it's limited resources. It's SICK and WRONG that the other children are having to raise the younger ones because the parent's can't even do it. What kind of a childhood is that ? It's practically indentured servitude !!

They should have sewed her LEGS together when they sewed her belly back up.

ashleyz14

aww thas so sad well i wish u luck for baby josie nd michelle

been there

As I read these comments I have to wonder how many people leaving these twisted statements have had a baby that weighed 1lb. If you did understand the severity of this
situation maybe you wouldn't be so cruel. My first child was 1lb and 10oz and she did not survive. A year later I had a healthy child. Nevertheless this is America where we have the right to have as many children as we like. I enjoy not having the government hand up my reproductive organs. If I want to end a life I can, if I want to push out 15 its my business! The Dugger's can afford there children. Besides those are future tax payers!

mandy_Reeves

oh wow...I'm praying for Josie and the family at this difficult time...get well little one, the world needs another warrior of christ.

A mother

How anyone can say that this is good really has problems. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Although, I personally would not choose to have 19 I find it disgusting that someone would say good that this happened to them. You don't always have to agree with someone's lifestyle choice but there are people out there that abuse or neglect the only child they have and these people manage to support and love 19. Pretty impressive. And I will stick with the advice my mother gave me as a child: if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

CM

They are actually pretty good, decent people. Its hard these days to find a good program to watch on tv like their show. They love God and are not ashamed of it. Most other shows are pure trash!

heather kowalski

I can not believe that her baby was born so soon. my heart goes out to that entire family and i pray that little Josie gets better soon and gets the chance to go home and see all the brothers and sisters that love her and await her return.

Patrick

Nobody hates the sweet baby, we should all hope for a healthy life for every baby.But this family is potrayed as a role model for everyone else in a opportunistic political way.This occasion is staged and being used in the forum of ideas as a return to good old America and the faithful religious life.Reality shows are a crock, they encourage stupidity, and titillate our curiousity.The conservative ideology uses this in the fight against godless materialism.This is phony and disingenuous.Despite that Life goes on, and every soul is important.