Duggar Baby #19 Born After Emergency C-Section

12/11/2009 11:24 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle DuggarMichelle Duggar gave birth to baby #19 last night after the reality star was rushed to the operating room for an emergency.

TMZ spoke with a rep from TLC who told us, "Michelle, who has been in the hospital recovering from a gallstone, was taken to the OR for an emergency c-section."

At 6:27 PM, Michelle and Jim Bob welcomed their new daughter, Josie Brooklyn ... who weighed in at 1lb., 6 oz.

We're told Michelle is resting comfortably and the baby is "stable" -- although she's in the neonatal intensive-care unit at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.

The rep added, "The most important thing right now is for Mom and baby Josie to get as much rest as possible. The family is grateful for all the prayers and well wishes during their recovery."

Celebrity Cute Baby Pictures

LadyE

The Duggars do have health insurance. They state so in their book. I will pray for everyone.

Sue Wong

The world is already overpopulated. Didn't God tell them of a little word call adoption. Help the ones who're already here and need a home. She must be addicted to having babies. Get help lady.

when did i miss the boat?

So let me get this right. The whole world approves of 19 children one after another after another. The world does not approve of 14 children born in multiples. Either way you look at it there are too many married or not.

gemma

Congratulations to the Duggar family on their new arrival.Im praying for you all especially the new baby and Michelle,please God you both get to go home soon.God Bless.

Coastland

PLEASE, STOP WITH THE BABIES!!! WITH ALL THE HUNGRY OUT OF WORK PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD IT STARTS TO BE A VERY SELFISH THING TO BRING THAT MANY CHILDREN IN THE WORLD. I KNOW THEY THINK BY NOT USING BIRTH CONTROL AND LEAVING IT UP TO GOD THAT EACH BABY IS A BLESSING, NO NO, WHAT IT REALLY IS, IF YOU DON'T USE BIRTH CONTROL AND YOUR FERTAL YOU WILL GET PREGNANT. STOP, PLEASE, 19 IS ALREADY TO MUCH. INSTEAD OF HAVING BABIES GIVE IT A REST, AND LET MICHELLE BE A NON-PREGNANT WOMAN FOR ONCE IN HER ADULT LIFE, AND JUST BE HAPPY AND RAISE THE OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT OF KIDS YOU ALREADY HAVE. AFTER THIS INCIDENT OF POSSIBLY LOSING YOUR WIFE TAKE THAT AS A BLESSING, AND START TAKING BIRTH CONTROL.

Susan Field

The Dugger family is a wonderful loving family. I can't understand all the hate against them. I only wish I had the patience of Michelle and Jim Bob. The kids are raised with a strong work ethic, and faith in God. I like their show it reminds me not to take things so seriously. The older kids help with the younger ones. They are self sufficient, they have worked hard and don't take government handouts. I don't see their kids swearing, dressing like prostitutes, watching tv and playing video games all day... instead they act the way a family should. They are an inspiration.
My prayers are with the family and especially precious little Josie.

Just sayin'

#66 Liz

You are right on the money with your comment! I agree. I doubt they even encourage their kids to attend college. The way they keep the girls all locked up with no social life or friends is sad. They can't even date! I 'm just waiting to see if one of those robots will snap out of it and move out when she turns 18, goes to college and has a life without kids. Hopefully they will learn about the real world from Cousin Amy. She is the only normal one.

FULGY

Sick!
They have more kids than Tiger has ho's

3K

Spawn

Octomom is getting welfare, and medi cal. The state paid millions of dollars for the birth and care of all her babies while they were in the nicu.

The Duggars do NOT recieve ANY money from the government for anything. Not even health care. They pay for their own health care.

While I think 19 kids is more than enough.... As long as I don't have to pay for it, I'm not going to bash them.

erica

stop having kids..it is arrogant for people to spread their seed that much! The world is overpopulated enough.....has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy?

Just sayin'

Too bad it's a girl. The girls get the short end of the stick in that family. They are basically slaves to the boys. It's a shame.

Wicked1

STOP HAVING KIDS!! She isn't taking care of her children! Her children are taking care of her children! Hiding behind a bible does not make having so many kids okay. Without their TV show, they could NOT afford these children. ENOUGH already!

Polaristbh

Holy crap how do the vast majority of you sleep at night? I am in no means religious but come on! The majority of you post cruel and heartless things. Firstly no parent wants to have a child that early in pregnancy, nor a sick child. Secondly, it is a -BABY-. Grow a heart people, its the holiday season, act human ect ect.

Tally

The Duggars may be nutjobs, but I do hope their child is alright. It would be terrible to lose her.
I also hope they take this as a sign to stop, though.

Just sayin'

Doesnt she realize the older you get the more dangerous it is for you self and your baby? She is putting both their lives at risk.
Whats going to happen when she reaches menopause and can't have kids anymore? For the past 20 years she has been pregnant. She will probably go into a depression.