Duggar Baby #19 Born After Emergency C-Section

12/11/2009 11:24 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle DuggarMichelle Duggar gave birth to baby #19 last night after the reality star was rushed to the operating room for an emergency.

TMZ spoke with a rep from TLC who told us, "Michelle, who has been in the hospital recovering from a gallstone, was taken to the OR for an emergency c-section."

At 6:27 PM, Michelle and Jim Bob welcomed their new daughter, Josie Brooklyn ... who weighed in at 1lb., 6 oz.

We're told Michelle is resting comfortably and the baby is "stable" -- although she's in the neonatal intensive-care unit at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.

The rep added, "The most important thing right now is for Mom and baby Josie to get as much rest as possible. The family is grateful for all the prayers and well wishes during their recovery."

Celebrity Cute Baby Pictures

Just sayin'

Question for TMZ

How much does TLC pay the Duggar breeders for doing this reality show? Your pretty good at finding things out, so get on that. We would all love to know.

K

I hate these people. Who the f^ck do they think they are to pop out so many kids? I don't give a sh!t if they can afford them, the planet can't. Too many babies. Now look what they've done. Caused a handicapped child to come to this earth. And a 1 lb 6 oz baby WILL definitely have some type of handicap. I wish they would die. The parents that is, not the poor babies....
Pass a law like China has. 1 kid only.

Lipless Kate

THESE PEOPLE ARE SICK. NARCISSISTS OF THE WORST KIND. THEY NEED TO BE SPAYED AND NEUTERED. check out how irresponsible they are at WorldPopulationBalance.org
SICK SICK SICK

Seriously

The poor girls in this family take care of the younger
children. It's like they're the "moms". Can't wear jeans
or have ANY fun like normal kids. I think it's sad.
It's slavery in the name of religion.
Michelle needs to stop having more slaves. It's ridiculous.

Just sayin'

"As a woman ages, the body is less ideally fit for pregnancy, the eggs that can be fertilized are older and more prone to chromosomal mishaps, and an older age means more risk for pregnancy complications

They are also at higher risk for having a child with Down syndrome, and this risk increases with each subsequent year. By the time a women is in her 40s, she is significantly likely to miscarry, about 50% of the time, as compared to the miscarriage rate of 20-30% for a woman in her 20s."

Someone please share this information with the Duggars.

Bart

Did she wrap up and claim the gallstone as one of her brood?

Do not wanna reveal

do not have any negative feelings toward the Duggar's, only love. I
think they are a wonderful, wonderful family and I can tell you that I
read she had the baby and I was in shock. I knew she had a problem
with Gallstones, but I thought everything would be fine and she would
have the baby in March. So, when this was confirmed, I was very
worried for this baby. This baby is VERY, very premature. She wasn't
supposed to be due until March. That's a good three to four months
premature. Obviously something major happened with the gallstones or
the baby itself, for them to go in and deliver her that early. I just
wonder what happened to make them do that. I had heard that you can go
into the womb and do surgery on it without delivering, I wonder why
they couldn't do that. Either way, this baby is very sick and all the
haters obviously are heartless not to at least have compassion for the
baby. The baby is innocent in all this. And as for the parents: Those
people are very good people. Okay, They let God control how many
children they have and I agree with that decision. What have they
done to you? Nothing! and here you bash them when they are quite
obviously going through a lot right now. Their baby is very sick and
you sit here and make these comments? what the hell is wrong with
you? what the hell is the matter with you? I just do not get
everybody's level of hatred toward them. Its quite shocking.
I hope and pray that this baby and family will come through this
healthy and that God will make it possible.

Just sayin'

So, if she has a miscarriage, does that mean she will take it as a sign God wants them to stop having kids? Just asking cause thats their excuse for having so many kids. Weird, I know.

Maggie

Some of you are just sick, ugly-hearted people.

Nobody deserves to suffer what Michelle and her baby did. Gallbladder issues are not exclusive to pregnancy. Pre-ecclampsia is not a direct result of many pregnancies, but happens in women of all ages and in first pregnancies as well as 19th. The Duggar's love their children, they love each new individual added to their family. You may not understand it or want that many children yourself, but shame on anyone who gloats at someone else's pain.
How hypocrictical to judge thier religious views and then display such cold and uncaring attitudes towards your fellow humans. That doesn't speak well for areligious people who consider themselves so "progressive" and enlightened.

Melissa

Gee maybe this is a sign that she should stop having all these freaking kids!

cynthwad

OK, if it's God's will that they just keep getting pregnant, then shouldn't they stay home and let "God's will" determine how/if the baby is born? God's will does not exist in a hospital room - that is where science reigns.

Just sayin'

Anyone else notice the kids on the show all dress and act just like their parents? Why do the girls all wear clothes form 1991? Strange. Do you think any of the girls ever say "I'm sick of taking care of the kids! I want to go shopping ! I want to wear jeans! I want some friends! I want to date!"
Cause I know I would be saying that!

We need to start a campaign to save the Duggar girls! We can call it FREE THE DUGGAR GIRLS!!

Whose with me? :)

linda

After they claimed the bc pill caused a miscarriage, it made them decide to leave it up to God to control how many babies they had. I think someone needs to let them know that having sex causes pregnancy, not God. I bet you they will be announcing #20 is on the way within 6-8 months. I feel sorry for their daughters having to raise all those kids.

Just sayin'

Can you say, Nymphos?

beaches

GRANNYS BODY IS WEARING OUT. IT IS TIME TO QUIT LULU. THE BABIES WILL START HAVING RETARDATION SOON. OLD EGGS MAKE SICK BABIES. SELFISH, SELFISH SELFISH. THE POOR KIDS AT HOME HAVE ANOTHER BABY TO RAISE NOW. DISGUSTING.