Sarah Palin's McCain Cover Up

12/16/2009 5:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

For the first time ever, Sarah Palin used her head to make a searing political comment -- a frontal attack on Sen. John McCain.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0

The failed Vice Presidential nominee took time off from shilling her book to vacation with her son Trig, daughter Piper and opposite sex spouse Todd, in President Barack Obama's birth state of Hawaii on Tuesday.

But during beach time, Sarah chose to wear a visor from her campaign -- a visor that was emblazoned with the former presidential candidate's name ... that is, until Palin redacted McCain's name with a black marker.

who has the facts? ME

Wow, STILL no answer from the neocons as to why Piper Palin has not been in school in over THREE MONTHS.

Like I said, hillbilllies kids don't need no book learnin' I guess.

Just a little charisma and a bunch of ignorant followers.

keepem sickanpour

I'd like to remind people that this is a celebrity gossip/entertainment venue. Why are people coming down on tmz for reporting this? She quit her job as governor and is now a celebrity, making tons of cash and exploiting her family and herslef as many celebrities do. And, btw, she wasn't running for president so why compare her to president obama. Really rediculous.

the truth hurts huh

Showing her TRUE COLORS once again ....

S P I T E F U L B I T C H !!!!!!!

Paul Lusk

Opposite sex spouse? Does she have a same sex spouse as well? Way to marginalize yourselves there, TMZ!

who has the facts? ME

Right is wrong -
The reason the Palin supporters don't care if her children go to school is because the majority of them haven't gone past the third grade themselves. Education isn't a priority with them. And they think that educated people are, well, snobs.
It's a fear thing. Better to be afraid and ignorant than educated and tolerant.

Jerry Martin

What an ignorant bitch. She ranks first on my list of people I would most like to see go away for good.

kevin

"and opposite sex spouse Todd,"

WTF is that all about TMZ?

Political Correctness gone silly.

jwoolman

Awww - she's just frugal and likes the visor, why throw it out? She should have put a proper patch on it, though, rather than trying to magic-marker it out. Live and learn. Probably didn't expect it would show up in paparazzi shots.

People can have attachments to things even with bad memories. My mother kept a wastebasket that had her wedding announcement embedded in it (how prophetic! the marriage ended up in the trash...) because it was a gift from her father. But she always kept the wedding side turned against the wall, so my brother and I didn't notice until after she died!

RogHol

SP POLL: Get over it/ Way to go Rouge.....
Tired of Palin?
Well, I suppose we are in a sense but she want attention right?
Why not give her that and at the same time:
1) Have fun
2) Make sure she will stay in the Entertainment category.

NYGuy

Can we please now put this to rest. Another fake Palin smear.

Check out:

Palin supports McCain '100 percent'
By: Mike Allen - December 16, 2009 07:24 PM EST

Declaring that she “was honored and proud to run with him,” former Alaska governor Sarah Palin pushed back hard Wednesday against a report that she had disrespected Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) by blacking out his name on a sun visor she wore on vacation.

The website TMZ accused Palin of “a frontal attack on Sen. John McCain” during a Hawaii vacation this week: “Sarah chose to wear a visor from her campaign — a visor that was emblazoned with the former presidential candidate's name ... that is, until Palin redacted McCain's name with a black marker.”

But Palin said in a statement to POLITICO that she was just trying to “be incognito” — to go unrecognized and shield her children and husband, Todd, from paparazzi.

The hotel where she was staying had to chase away five photographers, a friend said.

Palin said in the statement to POLITICO: “I am so sorry if people took this silly incident the wrong way. I adore John McCain, support him 100 percent and will do everything I can to support his reelection. As everyone knows, I was honored and proud to run with him. And Todd and I were with him in D.C. just a week ago. So much for trying to be incognito."

The Palins were taking a break from a three-and-a-half-week book tour for her million-copy-selling memoir, “Going Rogue: An American Life.” Palin has signed more than 59,000 books — an average of 1,750 per stop — and has traveled more than 19,000 miles by plane and bus. She has spent 115 hours — or 4.8 days — signing books in 33 cities in 25 states. Her stops have included five military bases.

Palin is complimentary of McCain in the book: “John was a maverick, and he said he had picked me because in many ways I’m wired the same. … I was proud of the senator. … He didn’t go with a conventional, safer pick. John believed in change, the power of independent and committed individuals, the power of women.”

On election night, she writes, she wanted to deliver a concession speech so she could give “a shout-out to John.” She says she told him: “[Y]ou worked hard, and I want to get out there and thank you.” The staff did not permit her to address the crowd, but she writes that after McCain’s remarks: “I embraced John with affection and gratitude.”

Mariah

What juvenile writing skills...and biased..."failed Vice Presidential nominee"..."opposit sex spouse"??? Are you kidding me?
There's nothing untrue in those statements but why not just say "ex governor Palin" and "her husband" or whatever. As if the story weren't negative and aimed to look unfavorably on her as usual anyway without the 4th grade analysis!

Sandy

I voted 3rd party, so I don't have a dog in this fight. The campaign is over, and the moniker on the visor is no longer relevant. Palin said she bought from thrift shops, so why is it so shocking that she decided to repurpose an old visor? She is being a good steward of the environment by not throwing it out and buying a new one.

Marisol

The mainstream media will stop at nothing to destroy this woman. If she is truly as "insignificant" as they say, why bother with her at all? Surely any truly decent person would allow Mrs. Palin some slack during her family vacation. Ah, that's right! The press knows no bounds or decency! There is so much more happening that is newsworthy yet, not a peep from the press.

Matt

I love how the birthers SLAM the GWB administration!!! Classic!
Think about it, you must be vetted to become a US senator and a
presidential candidate for security reasons. Which administration
vetted Obama? GWB! All of you who bitch about the birth certificate
are just slapping your boy W in the face!

Jake

17. Patrick, wrote the following: "To whoever wrote this article- I LOVE the fact you threw in that Hawaii in Obama's birth state. Something Sarah doesn't seem to understand".
---------------
Congradulations patrick, you seem to possess certain knowledge the rest of this once fine nation does not.
CAN YOU PRODUCE PROOF?
Can you prove he was actually born in the United States?
What proof do you possess?
I HAVE PROOF that Nebraska had at times produced phony birth certificates. I HAVE PROOF IN MY SAFE.

DO YOU HAVE PROOF THAT HAWAII DID NOT DO THE SAME FOR A LIBERAL TELEPROMPTER READER.