Cobain Fam: Love's Been Bad Parent 'For Years'

12/17/2009 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kurt Cobain's family claims Courtney Love has been an unfit parent for years -- and the plan to take custody of Frances Bean Cobain has been years in the making.

Courtney Love and Frances Bean Cobain

Charles Fradenburg -- Kurt Cobain's uncle -- told TMZ his sister Wendy O'Connor "has been trying to get custody of Frances for quite a few years." As we first reported, a judge appointed Wendy -- who is Kurt's mother -- as one of the two guardians of Frances Bean last week.

Fradenburg also tells us, "Courtney is not fit to take care of Frances, she can barely take care of herself ... Courtney wasn't doing any parenting at all, she was hiring nannies to do all of the work."

Fradenburg said, "This is a wonderful thing for the family."

mrez golucky

Yikes! ????!

Simone

Third!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simone

It's a complicated situation...

Balls has no Balls

Kooky?Ball`s?

About A Son

People! Wendy is the same woman who threw her son, Kurt, out into the streets. He stayed with various friends, lived underneath a bridge, slept in the library just so he could be warm. All of this when he was YOUNGER than Frances. If this is what is really in a woman's heart for her only son, how can she change? Also, check out Kurt's rant about his momma on About A Son DVD. This woman caused psychic damage on her son.

brian

The girl is 17. Give me a break grandma and uncle and aunt and cousins and anyone that is trying to get money is happy. I have not seen her arrested on drugs having sex with everyone. She has been low profile Courtney had to have something to do with that. And I hate Hole

DooDooPeePeeCaaCaa

too much too late, really nice young lady. I hope it all works out for the better. No gold digging necessary.

JustWatchMe

If you ever had a parent that was a child more than you were - it sucks azz. Courtney is trying to bash Frances on FaceBook which is so scuzzy - especially since Courtney has spent her "adulthood" getting stoned and in fights, then ignoring her daughter's needs.

I am Courtney and I feel fat and old....I'm pissed my daughter is mad.....I am mad at all younger women and i refuse to age gracefully - what about me???? It has always been about ME!!!! Right?

CriticAl

Hell, Frances is practically an adult now. She really doesn't need a legal guardian.

Maria

The girl is 17 yrs old she should be able to take care of herself. The others are just out for the money and that's a shame. If you break taht childs bond with her mother it will never be the same. I just have 1 question why did you wait until she was 17 maybe so you could have more influence on her? You need to remember what her father would have wanted.

SANTAFEJACK

Harvey, I'm sorry to put this here, but I didn't know where else to post it. John Lithgow pronounces his last name: to rhyme with "go" not "cow". Here's a site you can check that: http://inogolo.com/pronunciation/d126/John_Lithgow

Makenna

Frances seems like she has turned out ok. We haven't seen her in the clubs or out looking wasted and she sounds intelligent and responsible. So Courtney didn't fail that bad.

I think this family has bad intentions. If Courtney was really that bad Frances could have requested to be emancipated. Why didn't she? Seems she has been manipulated by these people.

Bill Starkov

What next? Bill Starkov

The Truth

I see Courtney has sent her friends here to post.

Courtney, you're a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE drug addicted sex addict mother!

Thank goodness Frances is with people that actually love her now.

Get out of Frances' life, forever, you are nothing but a horrible person.

JLS

I am not comfortable with them getting a restraining order against Courtney so that she can't see her daughter at all. Fine if you wish to get custody. It's clear Courtney is in some difficulty and not focused on parenting at a time when Frances really needs some direction BUT, a restraining order cutting out all contact. That's extreme. How about court assisted visitation - something. Makes me cringe. They took her child and denied her access. UGH.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments