Melanie Griffith:

Bruise was from Cancer Surgery

12/17/2009 6:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There's a scary explanation for the bruise that appeared this week under Melanie Griffith's right eye -- the actress claims it was the result of a surgical procedure to remove early stages of skin cancer from her face.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
But there's good news: Melanie's rep said the procedure was performed in time to prevent any further complications.

beachy

Not buyin' it. She's as fake as a white Christmas tree. I don't know how her hubby has stayed with her so long. She is starting to look freakish. So Sad.

cbinparadise

I had some Botox yesterday and yes you do get it under your eyes or to be more specific...across your cheekbone. In one spot on my right cheekbone I have a bruise the size of a dime. I've never bruised before when getting this done but you just never know.

Paddy B.

I've been going for skin cancer treatments off and on for nearly 23 years, now, and the only time I ever had any bruising was when stitching was required. Usually, they're either frozen or burned off, and leave no bruises.

Sorry, I'm not buying that story.

cory

There are some cruel people/comments on here. News Flash Alert!!! People age and it is not freakish or a crime. Guys get fat and or lose their looks too. Love endures all things so please think before all of the shallow/looks slams and swallow the fact we don't stay beautiful forever....

unbelievable

I had skin cancer removed from my face, close to my eye.

It left NO bruising.

It left a sore spot that looked sort of like a bad scrape and it burned like heck but it did zero bruising.

The procedure to remove "early" skin cancer should not bruise at all.

JLS

Basal Cell stuff near eyes does this. I have first hand experience with that kind of bruising. Remember how tan she has always been throughout her life? That's the result. My 30 years in So Calif did it to me as well but my doctor up here in Portland said the instances of it are worse here. Clear air and mountains-give it 15 years to get ya...and you slice up your face for skin cancer. And, in case you aren't in the know-skin cancer is NEVER fatal. Melanoma is but skin cancer is not.

nikki

Take note ladies!! A lifetime of drinking, drugs, smoking and tanning will catch up with you! The proof is right here.

galaxy

oh i'm sorry to hear that,but hope you'll keep you charming smile any time. http://www.topnflnews.com/

Jo

What A Train Wreck!

paulina

She probably had in office procedure for this. That is they remove the tumor and look under the microscope to see if they got the margins. This is somewhat serious, but not really life threatening. We're not talking about an aggressive type of breast cancer, leukemia, lung cancer at all. The bruising is the result of light trauma to the facial area from the procedure. She's going to be just fine.

Buck Farack

She will never be able to kick. She got loaded and fell on her face. I don't think Antonio is the type to smack her, 'cause if he was she probably deserved it years ago.

barry Gordy is genius

Life is precious. God bless her.

barry Gordy is genius

SARAH PALIN WANTS TO ELIMINATE ALL GAYS AND LESBIANS.
BEWARE.

Inny

So many people that are getting filler'd-up or botox'd...

don't look good without their make-up on...

or their hair done-up either.

At least Melanie has a gorgeous husband and children...

and has lived a worldly life that most botox'd women could only dream of living.

The best revenge... is the good life.

JenniferJJ

Good grief people. She had Juvederm or another filler in her tear troughs and a vein was hit while injecting. DUH

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments