Emergency Recall on Brittany Murphy Posters

12/23/2009 3:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Emergency Recall on Brittany Murphy PostersA DVD rental company is moving fast to remove outdoor promotional posters of Brittany Murphy -- posed lifeless in a bathtub -- for her movie, "Deadline."

Officials from redbox -- which operates DVD kiosks around the country -- tell TMZ beginning today field teams are removing the "Deadline" box art from the kiosk displays. The officials tell us it will take 7 - 10 days to remove the image from the 19,000 kiosks nationwide.

We're also told the "Deadline" distribution company will change out the DVD covers.

Chappaquiddick

oh crap.

CuriousInCa

timing is everything! [first?]

ann

Good call...

Rah-Rah

So sad and yet the appropriate thing to do.

miss sheree

Oooh, that is really creepy - that she died pretty much exactly like the poster....

Meghan

I saw that this morning and I thought about the irony. don't know what to think of that..... the irony. Poor girl. and poor redbox for the 'emergency recall' on A LOT of redboxes. At least they're doing something about it.

Coolio

I think she looks hot in the tub.

samper

The ultimate in "PC" chaos... The "right" thing to do is going to be hectic for the company.

janalal4

Yeeee! Can you say creepy??? How bizarre. Hope her mama hasn't seen this.

Honey

How awful! Very bad timing. I'm glad the company is doing the right thing. It's not appropriate to display that art in light of her death.

amy_janise

This movie was filmed in my Hometown. I love Brittany Murphy and i was so glad she had the chance to visit. RIP Brittany.

Stacy

well they didnt find her in a tub they found her on the bathroom floor in a puddle of her own puke so i dont really find the poster offensive unless it was her in a puddle of her own puke.

web101net

Hollywood is so creepy!

Has this happened to any other celebrity?

im getting a wierd Deja Vu feeling.

tahoeboarder

PC madness gone wild. The poster was for a movie, people. Movie which was filmed and released prior to her unfortunate death. She also featured in a movie called Dead Girl. I guess all references to that should be erased from everywhere too. Oh and yes, she committed suicide in a different movie - Girl, Interrupted. I think we need to do something about that as well. I am all for being sensitive and PC when it's due but I feel on many occasions we tend to over do ourselves.

Carl

Expect to see these on Ebay any time now.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments