James Cameron -- True Lies

12/26/2009 4:28 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Just five days before James Cameron called a fan a "f**king a**hole" after refusing to sign an autograph, the "Avatar" director proclaimed that he'd "sign as many autographs as people will line up for."

James Cameron -- True Lies
During an interview with "Good Day L.A." -- which airs on the FOX station in L.A. -- on December 18, Cameron told Dorothy Lucy, "The only worse thing than to have to sign a lot of autographs is to have them not show up."

Apparently, Cameron forgot that logic Wednesday afternoon, when he rejected a fan request at LAX -- and then blasted the guy for invading his "personal space."

Nine

#2-- Who cares if the fan is selling it on ebay or anywhere else? What does that matter? Cameron SELLS his movies and gets paid a hellava lot more that this dude does. You think Cameron makes movies out of the kindness of his heart? It's a business. If some guy wants to sell an autograph he worked hard to get- good for him! Cameron's lucky that his name is even worth anything!

razzledazzle200

I'd rewrite my rebutttal to your peet post, malvolio - because it just got blocked, but you're not worth it. The double posts prove that TMZ had to suspend their email confirmation system. I used a different addy to try and trick the filter. Something went on here today, and you wre a part of it. And I don't believe you used only one addy, either. Your writing is good and easy to pick out in the other posts. Now, please, get lost. This is the last time I get into anything personal with you or anyone else. Oh, and my lame ass is worth a lot more than 2 cents.

malvolio

...no, i don't think i will get lost -- public message board, and all...i only contribute under malvolio, doesn't matter whether you believe it or not...and again, you singled me out, jim, i've never commented negatively on anyone's posts unless they call me out first, now you want to play the "bigger guy" in all this...pathetic...btw, cameron was right, and you're still wrong...

PolarBear

Who can I pay to have that fan taken out behind a restaurant, mashed to a potato, drained saucily and served up in a creek with fresh dandelions and watercress under a light Italian dressing down?

razzledazzle200

F**k you!

Rea Listic

It doesn't matter if the guy was an autograph dealer or not. It DOES matter when someone who makes his money from the 'little people' treats him this way. This kind of behaviour is not going to stop people buying and selling 'precious autographs'. What a shame James Cameron, you have proven to the world what a real A-HOLE you are. Congratulations on bringing negative publicity to your C grade movie.

MightyMad

'Went out, got some Boxing Day shopping down, came back here 3 hours later... and malvolio is STILL posting replies on behave of Cameron? Buddy, you need to get a life!

For a guy who claims on everyone of his posts that he doesn't care that much about Cameron, you sure are defending him A LOT! Dude, we understood what you're trying to sell us - Cameron's rich, therefore he can try anyone he meets like dirt (anyway, that's the overall message I got from you.) Now what don't you let some other people give their 2 cents on this matter? Go out, meet some friends, heck a great hockey game will be on in a few hours - Montreal vs Toronto - doesn't that sound like fun?

'Cuz wasting a whole day bitching on this thing - now that's a true tragedy!

MightyMad

It's 'treat', not 'try'.

Sorry for the mistake.

malvolio

...i've spent the day on about six boards, did my laundry, read the paper, did the crossword...like i said, i can type about a thousand words a minute, so, it only looks time-consuming on your end. it's my day off, i'll do whatever i want...now, boxing-day shopping, that's what i call a waste of time, and for the record, monsier perceptive, i'm not a guy...

Rea Listic

MightyMad - There is another mistake in your post. It should read.. 'Now WHY don't you let' instead of.. 'Now WHAT don't you let'. Just letting you know lol.

l1

Hey allure, go sign your name on a chalkboard 1,000 before each time you start asking a celebrity for their autograph. And then when I ask you to sign your name 1 more time before you leave the chalkboard, do it nicely with a smile on your face.

Dippen Zinzuvadia

what most people don't realize is that the paps hang out with movie paraphenelia and get celebs to sign them which they then sell on ebay or elsewhere. the guy was not a fan. the thing is, this type of stuff helps the careers of people like tara reid or lindsay lohan but will not benefit james cameron. he's a made man and doesn't need his stuff selling on ebay to help feed his fame/fortune.

does anyone really believe a 30-something year old man hangs out in the airport just waiting to get an autograph on some poster he just happened to have?!?

Bye-Bye Ellen....

Malcontent:

If you don't like what's being said about your friend, get the F off the board, better yet, become a communist (if you are not one already), and leave the rest of the capitalists alone.......

Rea Listic

l1 - If I am making squillions of dollars because people are buying my products or watching my movies then yes, it's only fair that I be 'gracious' enough to take 3 seconds out of my daily routine to sign my name. that's the difference between being grateful and being obnoxious. Now!! since you have taken the time to write to me, where would you like me to send my autograph and you can be sure it will come with a smile :)

MightyMad

@malvolio, dzad or whoever else too tense to get this:

James Cameron's a d!ck, NOT because he refused to sign a poster, but because he thought verbally attacking the guy who ask for the signature was a good way to get rid of him.

It doesn't matter if the guy wanted to sell the poster afterward on eBay; it doesn't matter whether or not the paparazzi was in on it. The only thing in this story that matter is that Cameron was too JUVENILE to keep his cool and just walk away. And you know he could have just ignore the guy, given the BIG A$$ BODYGUARD that was standing between him and this guy, but he still started sh!t up, resulting with him looking like a first-class A-HOLE.

There's really nothing else to say - Cameron started swearing, he didn't start swearing, and now he's officially a d-bag. End of story.