Michael Jackson's Dad Wants Medical Records

12/31/2009 4:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, has subpoenaed medical and other records from the UCLA Medical Center because he believes the records could reveal evidence of foul play in Jackson's death -- and the subpoena has outraged MJ estate lawyers ... TMZ has learned.

Joe's lawyer, Brian Oxman, sent 2 subpoenas to the UCLA Medical Center -- the hospital where Michael Jackson was pronounced dead on June 25. Oxman is asking for a number of documents, including medical records, autopsy reports, autopsy photos, medications and prognosis assessments.

Joe Jackson tells TMZ his entire family is behind the subpoenas -- Katherine, the brothers and sisters, along with him. He says they all believe the medical records will show what was in Jackson's body when he passed and they believe the information will expose foul play.

We've obtained a letter sent to Oxman by estate lawyer Howard Weitzman, in which Weitzman calls the subpoenas "clearly improper." Weitzman claims the subpoenas violate Jackson's right of privacy and the physician/patient privilege. Weitzman also says the subpoenas are irrelevant to Joe Jackson's only legal claim -- a financial allowance.

keishalee98

GIVE THE FAMILY THE MEDICAL RECORDS THAT WAS THEIR SON AND THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO SEE THEM. IF THEIRS NOTHING TO HIDE WHY IS THE ESTATE SO ANGRY FOR THEM ASKING FOR THEM? NOTHING SHOULD BE KEPT FROM A FAMILY WHEN A MEMBER OF THEIRS DIES BY SOMEONE ELSES HANDS. IF THEY DON'T WANT THEM TO HAVE THEM THEN LET THE FAMILY SEE THEM AND READ OVER THEM. UNDERSTAND THAT JOE DON'T DESERVE NO ALLOWANCE BUT HE AND THE FAMILY DESERVE TO SEE THE MEDICAL RECORDS OF MICHAEL. THEY ARE PROBABLY DOING THIS BECAUSE IT IS TAKING SO LONG TO ARREST MURRAY, AND OTHERS WHO WERE PROBABLY INVOLVED IN MICHAEL'S DEATH. THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH THERE NEEDS TO BE AN ARREST AND I DON'T BLAME THEM FOR WANTING TO SEE THE MEDICAL RECORDS. WHO KNOWS THE RECORDS COULD HAVE BEEN ALTERED JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE CAN. DON'T PUT NOTHING PASS NO ONE THIS DAY AND TIME. HOPE JACKSON FAMILY KEEP PUSHING THE DA AND THE LAW INTO ARRESTING SOMEONE AND NOT LET THAT INDIVIDUAL OR INDIVIDUALS GET AWAY WITH TAKING MICHAEL AWAY. THIS IS WHY JERMAINE SAID NO ONE TRUSTS THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN THIS COUNTRY. MICHAEL'S CHILDREN DIDNT'HAVE THEIR FATHER FOR CHRISTMAS AND THE NEW YEAR, BUT THIS SO CALLED DOCTOR AND OTHERS GOT TO SPEND CHRISTMAS AND THE NEW YEAR WITH THEIR FAMILY. I ASK YOU ALL WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THIS. THIS IS NOT JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL OR HIS CHILDREN NOR HIS FAMILY. JUSTICE IS PUTTING THIS INDIVIDUAL OR INDIVIDUALS BEHIND BARS. NONE OF THEM DESERVE FREEDOM.

WOOOOW

32. 14. There is nothing worse it seems than an old illiterate VULTURE aka Joe Jackson, and his brood of vultures (the brothers). These no-class rolex-wearing, rolls-driving inconsiderate azzh*les will stop at nothing until they completely ruin the MJ brand and MJ's kids get next to nothing!

Posted at 2:26PM on Dec 31st 2009 by bianca

No one is going to hurt MJ's estate or trust,even though they may try, because MJ was intelligent and sharp when it came to hiring executors, John Branca and McClain. They are already doing great things for MJ's estate. That was Michael's doing.
His kids and his mother also will be well taken care of(as he said he wanted in his will). I think his mom will share her portion with Michael's siblings because she's done that in the past. I think that, because of the large wealth of the estate and Katherine's habit of sharing the wealth, none of Michael's immediate family will go without.

I have a question, though. When his mother, Katherine, passes away, is Katherine's portion going to go to whoever Katherine's wishes, or is her percentage going to automatically go to the kids? Does anybody know what the will says about that, or if it even says anything at all about that?

Posted at 2:53PM on Dec 31st 2009 by RDC

I have another question: When Michael wrote his will in 2002, why did he name his elderly mother as his childrens' guardian in the event of his death? As if he knew that he would die before her? Strange, no? I wonder about that all the time and I wonder why I haven't heard anyone else ever bring it up either.

Big Mouth Joe will TELL ALL

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too thought that he had died at home. I had read that he already had lividity (where the blood settles and pools after death).

I was going through some videos on Youtube and came across a Randy Phillips interview and he was one of the first people at the hospital along with Frank Dileo(sp). He stated that Michael was on life support in the hospital and he had a pulse, but, he was brain dead. I also remember Frank tell Larry King that as well. Come to think of it, La Toya also mentioned that he was dead hours before the ambulance came in a recent interview as well.

How could he have a pulse at the hospital, but, have lividity at home?

I can see why Joe and the family would want some answers, but in my opinion, he does not need the autopsy photos. I don't think that is something the family should see in general. They could accidentally be seen by his kids.

Posted at 3:01PM on Dec 31st 2009 by And thats the truth

I heard both these stories too..Plus the family did have a private autopsy, maybe there is more in there then we have heard and that is why they are looking for answers.

dr cyclops

here is an off topic question but what can i say..i have been friends with another women for over 20 years ..good enough freinds that even my wife referred to her as my work wife,,we worked togather on and off for the last 20 years..about 6 months ago she completly stops talking to me,,we always talked every day and shared things with eachother that we would share with noone else..i know what a bonehead her husband is and she knows that my wife has not been faithful to me,,but we always had our firendship..i know her well enough not to press the issue and even emailed her a few months ago and she just sort of blew it off and basically put the non talking blame upon me,,i miss talking to her and feel like i have lost a sister,,and i was always there for her and now when i need someone here for me she isnt and that irks me,,;;;;;;;
JOE JACKSON I THINK HAS A RIGHT TO KNOW ABOUT HIS SONS DEATH,, BUT IF IT ABOUT MONEY THEN HE IS IN THE WRONG

Balls4Prez

Happy New Year Balls!

WillOTheWisp

Posted at 2:56PM on Dec 31st 2009 by Michelle E..

Ain't that the truth!!!

I'm telling you all, the Jackson's have pertinent information on Michael’s death that we don't have!!
For some reason, a lot of people are assuming the Jacksons are ignorant people. They’re NOT!!
There is a reason they are not just taking the coroner’s word, they’ve heard something!!
BRING ON THE INVESTIGATION!!!!

RDC

41. RDC, I believe that when Katherine dies, her portion of MJ's estate goes directly to the children. Up until then of course, she can give her portion of the money out to whomeever she chooses.

Michael had to have known that she would give some to Joe and the siblings, and I believe he was ok with that. Michael could never quite cut out his family completely. He loved them. All this talk about Michael cutting Joe out of his will and making his hatred of Joe known makes me laugh. Life isn't black and white, and relationship usually aren't either. People who believe that Michael hated Joe and the rest of his family are very naiive. It's much more complicated than that, as familial relationships often are. As for his will, Michael left his fortune to his children -- as any parent naturally would! He made sure his mother was cared for financially because she gave up any career she might have had to raise her family. Joe, the brothers, La Toya, and Janet aren't in the will because they are all supporting themselves on their own, and are capable of doing so. It's not some evil plot by Michael to "send a message". How ridiculous. My mother's sister just died, and as expected, she left her assets to her kids (all grown). She didn't mention my mother in the will, and yet my mother hasn't reached the conclusion that because of that her sister hated her! LOL!

Posted at 3:01PM on Dec 31st 2009 by Cathy

Thank you for the info. about the will.
And I agree with you so much about the other stuff.

Paula

Joe, it would be fatherly or you to put your energy and interest into why the murderer of your beloved and adored son is still walking the streets.

Maybe you are not as concerned about that as much as those of us who truly love Michael.

R.I.P. Prince Charming

God you people are great!!! Take no prisoners...give it to the old bastard!!! Please, continue!!! I have nothing to add!! Anything for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

bunny

I'm with Joe on this one. Something weird been going on from day one.

Bubblebunny

He is MAD AS HELL that the Doc got off ! So is everyone who loved Michael. What is the deal, coppers ?

When Katherine dies her portion goes back into the estate to be redistributed...she cannot leave it to anyone.

Missy

Ain't that the truth!!!

BRING ON THE INVESTIGATION!!!!

Posted at 3:12PM on Dec 31st 2009 by WillOTheWisp

I totally agree!

Joe Jackson is illiterate

#32 RDC; the Will says that when Katherine dies, her 40% goes to MJ's kids!

Cathy

Yes, it seems to me too, that Michael was likely dead by the time the paramedics arrived at the house. Much of what people have said in interviews alludes to this. My guess is that the paramedics and ER physicians may have put him on artificial life support anyway - despite knowing he had no chance. This is often done in the case of a celebrity or important person whose death will surely have a great cultural impact. I suppose the medical personell want to be able to say they did absolutely everything they could in these kinds of scenarios.

When JFK was brought into the emergency room, they worked on him for over an hour, despite the fact that half his head was blown off. I think the same thing happened with Michael -- starting with the ambulance attendants, I'm sure they knew immediately that he was dead, but had to go through the motions anyway for fear of law suits or public outcry. So I guess as crazy as it sounds, he could've had signs of lividity at home and then been put on life support at the hospital, producing an "artificial" pulse.

Whatever happened, there is something shady about the sequence of events, Murray's actions, and how much time elapsed. I don't blame the family for wanting to know. Is Joe's method of inquiry correct? Probably not, but the family has rights all the same. Yes, Michael is responsible for requesting the drugs and for ingesting them, but Michael has already paid for his actions. Others involved (either that day or in the months prior) should too. Medical records and autopsy results might tell a story that no one else has yet told.

Is anyone going to pay for what happened to Michael? Can you imagine how the family feels knowing that Murray is again practicing medicine?