Artie Lange Hospitalized

1/3/2010 11:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Artie LangeArtie Lange was rushed to a local hospital in New Jersey on Saturday for undisclosed reasons.

A rep for Lange tells TMZ:

"I can confirm that Artie is in the hospital. Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment."

Lange has been absent from "The Howard Stern Show" for the past few weeks.

JIMMYJACKJOE

We love ya Artie

Jim

artie isn't funny and the stern show defintely jumped the shark when he showed up. i used to listen multiple hours every day and now i might catch 1/2 hour a week.

Sick of Idiots lke Wombat

Wow!! All the hateful comments. The Cyber bullying in America is 2nd only to S Korea. The only difference is in America websites such as TMZ and Radar do the reporting and the readers respond by posting mostly nasty and hateful comments. In S Korea the cyber bullies and hackers attack the celebrities and anyone who posts something online that they consider demeaning to Koreans such as the Korean lady who posted on her blog that short guys are losers. Cyber bullies not only hacked into her computer and got her email address, mailing address, and telephone # they made copies with her photo on it and placed the "Loser girl" posters all across campuses in S. Korea. The poor girl was almost driven to brink of suicide.

How long will it be before its the same in America? I don't know who Artie Lange is but I wouldn't wish for him to drop dead or die. If you have nothing nice to say about anyone how about not saying anything at all.

gene yuss

Here we are somewhat relieved he ended up in a hospital and not a morgue. Best wishes Artie. Hang in there buddy. We need you here.

54phil

Perhaps I deserve someone's pity for this, but tell me, please....just WHAT is an Artie Lange ?

Fred

Dear Artie,

Your a loser. That is all.

TMZ Fan

Artie, you fat f*ck. Pull your head out of your ass and get back to work on Monday. Stop f*cking around.

Lesley

Oh great now Howard will have to be even more "sensitive" to Artie's feelings than he already has been, and we won't get any of the story. He'll tell us Artie has quit the show, he is sorry to see him leave and that he hopes it is the best for Artie. Keep the info coming TMZ, cause we won't get in on Howard.

TMZ Fan

Whaaa! I got my dream job... Whaaa! I'm rich & famous... Whaaa! I have a hot girlfriend... WHAAAAAAAA

Get back to work fat f*ck

sonny chiba

artie your the man,i been through it all myself and if its a year off you need than do it...dont listen to the 50 aholes wishing death on you here,for every 1 theres a thousand that loves ya kid

Erich Elster

I hope this is what will finally turn him around. Bababooey to y'all.

ss

Artie, first off, we all hope you get better.

Second, I hope you realize that its now time for you to leave the show. You had a nice little run. But, you basically shot your load 3 years ago and haven't added anything to the show since. The shows are always better when you are not on air. And after listening to the History of Howard Stern Part 3, it is obvious that your comedy is hackier than Jackie's. I would hope Howard keeps the door open for Jackie or Billy West.

For the sake of the show and your health, be a man and walk away. Now is the time.

Stern fan since 86

Milf Biggenson

I was just reading about Artie on Wiki after reading this story and the last paragraph was "On January 3, 2010 it was reported by a reliable source that Artie Lange was pronounced dead at a Toms River, NJ hospital. The details are that Lange ingested a large amount of sleeping pills and chlorine bleach. There has been no autopsy scheduled yet to confirm and no there has been no return call from Lange's management company."

Is this a really bad joke or WTF? I refreshed the main page of TMZ but I didn't see an updated story, just MJ.

hottopics

To the last poster - I hope you are wrong............ but if it is not this time - Artie will keep trying. What a shame - no amount of money in the world can help this guy.

shoreke

Marriage to Lisa G. is the only thing that will save Artie's life.