Artie Lange Hospitalized

1/3/2010 11:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Artie LangeArtie Lange was rushed to a local hospital in New Jersey on Saturday for undisclosed reasons.

A rep for Lange tells TMZ:

"I can confirm that Artie is in the hospital. Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment."

Lange has been absent from "The Howard Stern Show" for the past few weeks.

Dong Johnson

Artie,

Smarten up, control yourself, and stop blowing it. It's going to suck if you die or ruin your career. Get with it man.

gemini81

HEROIN!!!!!! It's evil and ruined my sister's marriage, and it's ben ruining Artie's life for a long time. Find the strength to kick it Artie, or it's going to keep kicking you down
down
down

SofaKing

Any word on Artie's condition? I think most fans of the show saw this coming, I just hoped he would straighten up b4 something really bad happened.

Tim Preston

I'm in Hoboken and heard he was stabbed several times.

horndog

Howard who? Wasn't he a shock jock in the early 1980's?

Beau

Harvey Levin,

Where is the poll that says get well or not???

me

I feel sorry for the guy that idolized Artie. That's pushing it a little far for a drug addict. Monday's show is going to be so good! We'll find out if he really did quit and also possible news about how he's holding up... Which won't be a positive thing.

shelter

whaaa!... time to bring back jackie the jokeman

dvz

Wiki has been updated and the death notice removed

Christina

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say DRUGS... or alcohol, or some form of organ failure as a result of drug/alcohol abuse. He'll be dead in 5 years because he's an out of control self-indulgent tool. He used to be funny. Howard Stern's show will do just fine without him.

koolsmoothbreeze

Yeah, somebody told him he has to go back to work tomorrow... this is one-big running skit since moving to Sirius.

walter

"I'll bet you'll be the Heath Ledger of 2010!"

No he'd have to have talent to die from an OD. He'll just die and no one will care.

BabsDriedUpCooter

U fat bastard!!--looks like your 2010 resolution of croaking will soon come true...Love ya though Artie--You're the best!!

Joanne

Why do so many have to mention he is overweight? Don't you all think he is aware of this?? It's not easy to lose weight.. I'd like to see what you all look like....

footmeon123