« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mark McGwire Admits Most Obvious Thing Ever

1/11/2010 5:14 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mark McGwire Admits Most Obvious Thing EverMark McGwire is finally confessing ... he used steroids. Duh.

In a carefully written, blame-shifting statement, McGwire said, "I wish I had never touched steroids ... It was foolish and it was a mistake. I truly apologize. Looking back, I wish I had never played during the steroid era."

McGwire said he took steroids during the 1998 season when he hit 70 home runs, then a record.

Your move, Bonds.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

OhWell

Geezer

Ramond

He is only doing it just in time for him being the batting coach for the ST Louis Cardinals.

sorry dude, wrong timing.

zeeeeek

ActionJunkie

Now was that hard? LOL.

Nick "The Slasher" McGuirk

Good. The next step for these morons is to acknowledge that Roger Maris still holds the record for most HR's in a season.

Matthew

Can I have my cheering back?

rickyrickrick

i knew this a long time ago, a no brainer. Clemens? lol.

Kid977

You know what? after Bonds admits he did it as well.The MLB should then remove the records these guys broke.The did it using steroids while the Real players who hold them did it without using that crap.So remove this crown Barry has and give it back to it's original and rightful owner.

emeril I'm not

Geez such a shocker, say it aint so

amsjl

"I wish I'd never played in the steroid era." ??? Um, pretty sure its not over. I am totally not a baseball person, or a sports person but absolutely agree that all the records they set during their time playing need to be removed from the books and given back to the players who set them legitimately. Just sayin..

fernando

Drink CHROME SODA!!!!! CHROMEDRINKS.COM.....Italian soda!

sierra

Now it's time for Tiger to confess he uses HGH. I am certain Tiger has been on HGH for quite some time. He would still be the best golfer in the world. I don't understand why he uses it?

Dave

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS!!!

The sun goes down at night and up in the morning.

cp02

MORE POWER TO DEREK JETER AND ALL THE HONEST PLAYERS. DON'T PLAY HONEST TAKE THEIR RECORDS AWAY. SET AN EXAMPLE FOR ALL THE YOUNG KIDS OUT THERE. CHEATING GETS YOU NO WHERE.

Fan

Damn, I had season tickets that year and saw some of his home runs. Eventually, the greedy baseball walkouts and the steroid users made me lose ALL interest in baseball. I dumped those season tickets. Do we want to support the drugged, whining, spoiled multi-millionaire athletes? No thanks.

Once again, Big Stars with Big Egos ruined an entire industry.

McGwire has come clean on the topic. Unfortunately, it is way, way past the expiration date on that confession.

Steve

You're sorry Mark? Okay give back the money you earned. I'll believe how sorry you are then. You made several million dollars to bash home runs. Many of them would have fallen short if you were clean and you would have earned far less. Your apology is hollow and QUITE late.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments