'Jersey Shore' -- MTV Tries to Divide and Conquer

1/25/2010 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The stars of "Jersey Shore" have been negotiating with MTV like "Friends"... but the network could be turning them into enemies with some serious brinkmanship.

Jersey Shore
Sources tell TMZ the network has told the cast if they don't accept MTV's deal by the end of business Monday, they will be replaced. And, MTV has told them it does not have to be a package deal -- the cast members who accept the offer will stay ... those who do not can have a nice life.

As we first reported, MTV offered each cast member a $10,000 signing bonus and $5,000 per episode. We're told the cast rejected the offer and made it clear they would all stand together and hold out for their price, though they didn't say what it was.

MTV made a new offer of $10,000 an episode -- there are 12 episodes in the new season -- but so far the cast hasn't responded.

We're told MTV already has replacements if Snooki, Pauly D, The Situation and the others don't accept the offer on Monday. But, we're told, MTV is happy to mix and match if some of the cast accepts the offer and others don't.

As for who's being the most hard-headed in the negotiations -- The Situation and Pauly D.

Kira

The only Cast memebers I want to see back on the show is the Situation, Snooki, Jwow, and Pauly D the others,I would pass on and bring in 3 new people. 10,000 per show sounds pretty good to me, I mean they are getting paid to party and have fun etc.. If I were them I would try to get MTV to to go to 12,500 and leave it at that. And if they bring in 3-4 new members pay them less.

ok then

The first time I caught a glimpse of this "show", I actually thought it was a spoof. Oh my God, the show is such complete trash. I'd like to throw a disaster relief fundraiser to PAY these guys TO NEVER SHOW UP ON ANY TV/MOVIE SET again.... ever

SkyBitch

Pauly D has a hot body, but he has beady eyes like a rodent. He seems like an OK guy, but he never has much to say.

I hope "The Situation" ends up in a situation with no job and no money. He is a very ugly human being, both inside and out. I'll bet he NEVER got laid before he was on Mtv. He'd better live it up while he can!

JWOWW and Snooky are cool. The rest are entirely forgettable.

Stephanie

Stick to your guns. MTV hasn't had ratings this high with ANY show in years. You will get what you want - just wait it out.

michaelacarterallen

...i think everyone is missing the point here BIGTIME...it has nothing to do with TALENT...the whole point is that MTV is making BOATLAODS of money on these kids..its only fair they get a better cut...

marcoriato

SOOO... if "the situation" is holding out... and they keep the others
and replace him... ya know what that means...

we'll have A NEW SITUATION !!!

sorry i just couldnt resist!!!

Pat

Yeah I don't think the cast of Friends negotiated like that till season 6 when the show was a huge sucess and NBC (jerks) was making tons of money from the show. These waste products should be grateful that the show is being renewed.

LongJohn69

Cancel the friggin show. Run Music videos from the 80's. In fact, do THAT 24/7.

Politico Pablo

They kids are negotiating like they're cast members of NBC's Friends. This show is'nt pulling in that kind of advertising dollar. Without this show, these kinds are nada.

J C

Why would they use the same people?
They change the cast of the "Real World" each time to freshen the show.
Frankly they are too shallow to merit another season and "The Jersey Shore" itself has a lot of strange characters to draw from.

Reggie in Atlanta

SO WHAT?

WHO CARES?

NEXT STORY

chris

I haven't even been able to stand watching a whole episode, and I know these birds are worth less than a $1 an episode. I hope the show goes off the air- its a bad influence on everyone.

rmed79

seriously love this show!!! HOWEVER~~ get angelina out of the pics~ she lasted what? 2 episodes?
I wouldnt even consider that b*t*h part of the jersey shore! as much as I love that show~ if she came back i wouldnt watch it

GOGO

That Snooki chick needs a good kick to the head. Actually, they all do. What a waste of TV space.

Mikey

And now they want the Ted Danson plane!