Lawyer: Brooke Mueller At Rehab, Not In Rehab

1/27/2010 3:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brooke MuellerCharlie Sheen's wife, Brooke Mueller, is at a rehab facility but isn't in rehab, according to her lawyer.

TMZ has confirmed Mueller and her mom are at Two Dreams Outer Banks in North Carolina. Mueller's lawyer, Yale Galanter, tells TMZ categorically Brooke is not being treated for addiction -- she is convalescing from her bout with pneumonia.

The mission statement of Two Dreams reads, "Two Dreams is a comprehensive wellness program providing exemplary care for individuals who dream of recovery from addictive disorders or co-dependent behaviors."

Galanter says he has personally spoken with staff who say the facility is also used for people who are not in rehab. The facility also told us they do non-substance abuse recovery.

Galanter says Brooke and her mom plan to stay a week or less and that, he says, is not consistent with rehab.

Dave

She's in the building, they just have her in the denial wing.

sassy

Located on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, this agency ONLY addresses addictions and co-dependency...if you check out their website, all professional staff work w/ addiction issues.
Obviously, her lawyer isn't a good enough liar to think up a better story that society cannot denounce with actual facts! She's definitely there for detox and with her history of substance abuse/dependence, WHERE IN THE HELL IS CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES?!
Those poor babies may slip through the cracks of the system just because their parents are celebrities. My heart aches for those kids!

juschillen

I have had the flu, or some bug for the past 2 days...strangly, checking into a rehab joint to get better never even crossed my mind. Staying in the comfort of my own home did.

Anyway more power to her. If she needs to ease into this, I say give her her space...at least she's doing something about the chaos in her life.I hope she makes it.

blah

how about a hospital?

Confused

What normal healthy person needs a week at a convalescent facility to recover from pneumonia? This story doesn't pass a smell test.

Not a Dr but

I was admitted into the hospital with double pneumonia on Jan. 2nd of this year. On the 6th of January the hospital transferred me to a rehabilitation hospital for the rest of my recovery.
Give the woman and Charlie a break already!

Lady Z

Merry First Christmas kiddies. Mommie and Daddy have been up all night drinking, doing blow and arguing. Daddy threatens Mommy with a knife. Mommy is drunk off her ass and Daddy ends up in cuffs in the back of a patrol car and has to call his other two kids collect from jail to wish them a Merry Christmas.

Remind me again why any woman in her right mind would have anything to do with Charlie Sheen. Oh..I forgot...Brooke Muller is an alcoholic crack addict.

Hmmm...makes sense now.

Ida Clair

I know whenever I get pneumonia, my first thought is "where I really need to be to rest and recover is a rehab filled with highly emotional and unpredictable people. That will give me the rest I need and I LOVE the idea of the expensive price tag!"

Give me a break.

jennjenn

If she was in ICU for 5 days...wouldn't she have detoxed from the sauce in there? I've never heard of a hospital transfer across country.

Ida Clair

JennJenn (comment 42).

Probably, unless someone visiting was bringing her supplies. Wouldn't surprise me.

Zippy T. Pinhead

Yeah Right--------And when they caught me in that cRAcK house, I was just resting............

Feds Under Suspicion

She is T-R-A-S-H !!! Charlie should have stuck with Denise.

Suzzanne

WHATEVER! She wants to get clean before going to court so she can look like the perfect mother and wife who didn't do anything wrong the night before she sent her husband to jail! Please-even a little hickabilly for Georgia knows she is probably a coke fean. Why else would she fly across the country for "an illness". Lady my husband had pneunomia twice in 6 months and didn't go to a rehab clinic.

Hussie

Reports are now surfacing of Brooke smoking crack and boozing in the past couple of weeks...Explains the lung issues...
Her step-father confirmed for "another" site that Brooke is indeed in rehab, despite denials from her lawyer...

And Charlie's the bad guy?...Right...

GinaCat

Are you #@&% kidding me??!! I am always amazed at how stupid the publicists think the general public is. Who flies to North Carolina--while ill-- when they have some of the best rehabilitation facilities in So CA and much closer to home?? Are we STUPID??!! No, but she is.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments