« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tila Tequila Drops the Ball in Lawsuit w/ NFL Star

1/28/2010 2:06 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tila Tequila just lost the first round in a ferocious legal battle with her ex-boyfriend Shawne Merriman -- and all because she's refusing to play defense.

Tila Tequila and Shawne Merriman

It's all over a $2 million lawsuit filed by Merriman back in December, in which the San Diego Chargers star claims Tila made a series of horrific -- and untrue -- statements about him in an attempt to ruin his career.

But the decision doesn't mean Tila has to fork over the money just yet -- she will probably move to set aside the default and duke it out in court.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Anastasia

Silly little repulsive gutter rat twit!

Shirl ~~ t.g.

Tila needs to ```` GO ```` away and have her `` fake```` baby already! She just loves to attach herself to rich and famous people & WHY they buy into her is beyond me. Bet she's going to sue Casey's parents for child support next with `` her & Casey's `` baby. Only in America does this make the front pages when `` we `` have so much more important things to read about. Seriously!

TheTruthBeTold

Shameless whore. nothing more.

char

Hope Sean Merriman TAKES HER DOWN!

kromen

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

SMACK

Lights out, B*TCH!

Monica

I cant stand Tila Tequila! All over her Twitter she is always bashing other celebs and then says there trying to get more famous by talking about her. She keeps saying shes gonna stop Twittering and she still hasnt! This girl is a fame whore and now that Caseys passing is old news to media she had to find something else! GO AWAY TILA TEQUILA! YOU ARE THE ONLY FAME WHORE AROUND HERE!

amy

She got drunk and dumb. No DUI? Just wait for it TMZ.

SAW

This is the best news regarding her I've ever heard.

Elli

Go Shawne!

Joann

LOL..TMZ Tila is bashing you guys on her twitter, says you're not a credible source. I smell a lawsuit from Tila coming your way....LOL, LOL. This chick is craaaaaazy:

"ok now back to WHY TMZ IS NOT A CREDIBLE NEWS SOURCE!!!!!! I WILL LIST IN NUMBERS SO PAY ATTENTION. HERE WE GO!
about 1 hour ago from web

OK EVERYONE LISTEN UP! I AM ABOUT TO TELL U THE SECRETS ON HOW TMZ & THE POLITICS OF THAT WORLD WORKS!!!! ARE YOU READY TO HEAR THIS NOW?
about 1 hour ago from web

Do u want me to tell u more secrets on how these people run their business???
about 1 hour ago from web

In this vicious world of BLOGGERS &"MEDIA I just want to let u guys in on a secret, a lot of them its all about politics TMZ is NOT CREDIBLE
about 1 hour ago from web

NEVER TRUST THE MEDIA!!!!!! ESPECIALLY TMZ!!! I KNOW A LOT OF SOURCES NOW & TMZ HAS A LOT OF THIER STORIES ALL LIES! LOTS OF POLITICS
about 1 hour ago from web"

"Tila never officially responded to Merriman's suit -- so the court has entered a default judgment against her."

Tila was lying in the first place that's why she didn't show up in court, probably never intended to. Just wanted the publicity.

When she miscarries her "fake" baby she will probably blame it on TMZ for printing lies about her saying the stress was too much for her and caused her to have a miscarriage.

Andrew

Will I Am's manager should punch her in the face as well!

* WHiSKY GiRL *

stace

Fight the good fight Merriman! Run her into the ground.
I'm also assuming that there will be a line of legit celebs. waiting to sue her for slander as well.

Who-Dey

Well, if TMZ got the info from the courts, I'm going to go out on a limb and say TMZ has it right.... I mean, if a court filed a default judgement that's gotta nada to do w/ Politics & TMZ, but I've got another question...

WHAT ABOUT YOUR WIFEY, CASEY?!?!?!?!?!?! HOW COULD YOU CHEAT ON HER WITH A MAN IN DECEMBER!?!?!?!? UGGGG!!!!!! CAAAAASSSSEEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!! THIS "BABY" IS FOR YOU!!!!!!!! IF YOU WERE IN SUCH A COMMITTED 'MARRIAGE' WITH HER, HOW COULD YOU BE WITH THIS GUY?!?!?

(lots of sarcasm here. sick, sick famew hore, imo).

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments