« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

CBS Rejects Ad from Gay Dating Website

1/30/2010 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

CBS has rejected a Super Bowl commercial from a gay dating website called ManCrunch.com, saying it doesn't meet their "broadcast standards."

In a statement, the network said, "After reviewing the ad -- which is entirely commercial in nature -- our Standards and Practices department decided not to accept this particular spot." They added that it "is not within the Network's Broadcast Standards for Super Bowl Sunday."

The decision is in contrast to their choice to accept an ad from a pro-life organization featuring college football star Tim Tebow.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

A

This looks like a high school You Tube video. I can understand why it doesn't live up to CBS, or any networks, standards. I think too many people are assuming the content was the issue. It really is a badly produced commercial. Put some money behind it and maybe they'd have a chance.

Liz

I didn't find it hard at ALL to explain to my kids what the difference between being gay and straight is. She's five and she knows some girls like boys, some boys like girls, some girls like girls, some boys like boys.

Yes, that was SOOOOOOOOO hard. I may FAINT now from effort.

Michele

I THINK AMERICAN FOOTBALL SUCKS,ANYWAY!

JB

Lame. That commercial is funny. More crap like that, less stupid Budweiser horses. Those are old and played out.

the TRUTH

I don’t see what the big deal is.

Let's be honest here, there’s quite a bit of truth in that commercial when you actually think about it. I think any guy that sets around watching other guys pounce on each other (regardless of the sport) for more than let's say, hmmm five minutes...probably has homosexual tendencies anyhow! Don't cha think? They just won’t admit it!

Thank you very much and G'night.

Spellchamp

13. You have to be extremely naive to think they were actually ready to fork over millions to have this aired during the Superbowl. This is gorilla advertising at its best. They made a cheap ass youtube video and claimed they wanted it aired nationally. The Superbowl commands such high fees for a commercial because of the millions of viewers it draws. What is the % of the population that are gay males? Does it make business sense to spend millions of dollars to to reach so few of your target audience? Of course not. They have a puny website and they wanted exposure. TMZ and others are giving them EXACTLY what they want without paying a dime. Pretty smart. So all you liberal hate filled clowns out there get pissed and yell out. You're being pimped to work for free and their website really appreciates it.

Posted at 1:28PM on Jan 30th 2010 by Steve

*******

I think you nailed it, Steve. Great post.

Diane

They should just stick with accepting PRODUCT ADS ONLY. Forget the controversial stuff completely. The same with the pro-family ad proposed. Who needs a "message" when they're watching football and The Who! The whole thing is ridiculous!

La Toya Jackson

Don't hate and don't discriminate

Em

Um, the Superbowl is watched by millions of men, soooooooo I don't think those men have a problem with commercials that feature half naked women. Its football. So I'm pretty sure they don't want to see two guys making out.
Is this decision really a surprise????

Torqued

It is disgusting, and funny, but I really don't think it needs to be banned. I believe it is Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, but I also believe in the FREEDOM in these United States!! That is the real question. Are we even free to make decisions anymore in this fascist nation? Just because your neighbor might not like it doesn't mean you are not FREE to do it!! A lot of MEN died for us to be FREE, so why not let MEN do each other? If you don't agree with it... DON'T WATCH it. Only GOD can judge them.

Jack

I am curious where this website would get the reported $3 million to run the commercial. My guess is they knew it would be rejected and are just doing it for the press. Or maybe they do have the money in which case I am in the wrong business. Although maybe not because no amount money would make me look at d*ck pics all day.

La Toya Jackson

Don't hate and don't discriminate

La Toya Jackson

Don't hate and don't discriminate

LeonimuZ

The Ad doesn't look professional.

Yvonne Hicks

I make get a lot of negative responses but I'm glad they pulled that ad about the two gay men off the air. If more people believed in the Bible they would know that it is wrong to be with a person of the same sex. God created man and woman! It's sad that our morals are going down the toilet