Cops to Rip Torn

eXamine Your Zipper

2/1/2010 4:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rip Torn was shoeless, his zipper was undone, he had a loaded pistol in his pocket and a whole bunch of booze in his system when he was found roaming around a bank Friday night ... this according to the police report.

RIp Torn
In the report, cops say they showed up to the Litchfield Bancorp building in Connecticut at around 10 PM and found a wool hat, a pair of brown boots and broken glass next to the back door.

Once inside the bank, cops say they observed a "highly disoriented" Rip wandering around inside -- and that the actor wasn't wearing any shoes, his zipper was down and he had a loaded .22 caliber pistol in his pocket.

Rip Torn: Click to watchCops say Rip failed a number a field sobriety tests and eventually blew a .203 on his Breathalyzer test -- and the actor kept asking "why we took him out of his house" when he was arrested.

Rip posted bail today and his lawyer says he's going to enter an alcohol treatment facility.

mitch myers

WHATEVER!

RonBurgundy

Drunken bum...He'll be dead in 18 months.

Sand D

Very sad...he is a good man.
I don't think he ever got over his wife's passing (who was an excellent human).
I hope he finds a purpose......and is well.

epsalo

I was watching one of those stupid criminal shows when they showed a clip of Rip drunk at a police station being all beligerent talking about do you know who I am? If this wasn't so pathetic, it would kind of be funny. This guy needs serious help before he kills himself or worse kills someone else in one of his drunken stupers.

colin

we're not hosting an intergallactic kegger down here!!!

Wellington

How sad. It looks like Torn is in need of Dr. Drew and celebrity rehab. Hopefully the judge will give him the rehab option instead of jail time.

jmix

If he wants to get that drunk,that's his biz,whatever bar or restaurant that lets him drink til he's in that condition should get a visit from the liquor comission.

sandra

Could Dr. Conrad Murray have other charges put on him for not calling 911 when he found Michael not breathing, since he waited 45 min before calling 911, he might have been saved if 911 was called sooner.

Ron

I think Rip was abducted and traumatized during an alien abduction. Sounds like he is sufferring from the side effects of an alien anal probe. He needs Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones to rescue him, and Spielberg to write the script

susan

Actor Elmore "Rip" Torn has been charged with storming the Bank of Connecticut -Real-Story- http://usspost.com/rip-torn-4675/

Natilie Coal

Mmmmmmm The Ripper is one fine looking man!!! Hot!!! Wonder if he has a g/f....

Countess Dracula

vern212

I wonder what would happen to me if I broke into a bank and said I thought I was home?

buttocks

Did he died?

Darlene

Good grief!! *shaking head*

Straight Talkin Texan

He sounds more than drunk. He sounds mentally ill. I hope he gets the help he needs. Of course, if he was actually trying to rob the bank, I also hope he gets the punishment he deserves.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments