Cops to Rip Torn

eXamine Your Zipper

2/1/2010 4:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rip Torn was shoeless, his zipper was undone, he had a loaded pistol in his pocket and a whole bunch of booze in his system when he was found roaming around a bank Friday night ... this according to the police report.

RIp Torn
In the report, cops say they showed up to the Litchfield Bancorp building in Connecticut at around 10 PM and found a wool hat, a pair of brown boots and broken glass next to the back door.

Once inside the bank, cops say they observed a "highly disoriented" Rip wandering around inside -- and that the actor wasn't wearing any shoes, his zipper was down and he had a loaded .22 caliber pistol in his pocket.

Rip Torn: Click to watchCops say Rip failed a number a field sobriety tests and eventually blew a .203 on his Breathalyzer test -- and the actor kept asking "why we took him out of his house" when he was arrested.

Rip posted bail today and his lawyer says he's going to enter an alcohol treatment facility.

Lulu in SO ILL

NOBODY is drunk enough to mistake a BANK for their HOUSE. Of course, somebody else's house, but certainly NOT a bank. Evidently Mr. Torn is a good actor when he's three sheets to the wind, too.

Janet

Obviously there is something wrong mentally. . . brain tumor, major chemical imbalance, etc. He had a great track record until this incident. Hopefully, his doctors can determine what's wrong with him so he's not a threat to society or himself. ~ He was funny way before 'back in the day' but robbing a bank with a loaded gun is far from funny.

GRouston

I totally understand what Rip Torn did, when I was drinking I just did what I wanted when the mood moved me, totally unhibited by the booze. Hopefully he can get sober now, a clear wak up call. www.gordonrouston.com My story in my book tells the same kind of stuff.

PolarBear

That's just sad. You can't get that out of it by being drunk once. Get well Rip, before it's case of R.I.P. Go find a rehab, a quality barber, a razor, a grocery store and take it to town, man.

Grouch

I hope he gets help: he's lucky he didn't get himself shot.

Kris

The sad thing is that I know what he is saying. He is speaking Spanish and he is saying "Perdon Perdon, Con permiso. Which means pardon me and excuse me. So I guess he's bilingual!!

woodin

Torn to enter a not guilty plea, the authorities should throw his ass in jail and throw the key away.

Tom

I don't think it's just booze, I wonder if he is suffering from some sort of dementia. It is sad, and makes me not want to get old even more.

meg

Look, the same things were said about Rita Hayworth, I think in the '80s, and she wasn't drunk, she had Alzheimer's, which the general public hadn't ever heard of at the time. It's painful to see the confusion on Rip Torn's face. I think maybe he's in the early stages of some sort of dementia. Don't make fun of this guy...this is quite awful. meg

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2