Casey Johnson's Death Caused by Neglect

2/4/2010 2:42 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Johnson's Death Caused by NeglectCasey Johnson died because she simply did not take care of herself ... sources connected with the autopsy tell TMZ.

The L.A. County Coroner says the cause of death was "Diabetic Ketoacidosis" and the manner of death was "natural."

But our sources say the Coroner's findings clearly show Johnson -- who died at 30 -- was not taking her insulin shots, was not exercising, did not follow her strict diet and was not taking other medicines she needed.

Diabetic Ketoacidosis is a technical term for lack of insulin, which often leads to a diabetic coma. We previously reported where Johnson was hospitalized for diabetic comas at least twice before her death.

gemima

Rita- Alcohol would not have added to the DKA situation in the way you think, some drinks do contain sugars but alcohol actually lowers blood sugar so drinking would not have been the factor that caused the DKA.

She was simply neglecting herself and while i believe she had lost the plot in general, the hopelessness and feeling of wanting to give up is not at all uncommon for diabetics...its one of the major causes of depression. Anyway...Rest in Peace Casey, hopefully theres something on the other side making her happy..

Fred

There were plenty of wealthy people at her memorial service who cried about how good a friend she was. They all knew she was having problems and stayed away. She died because no one looked in on her and nobody cared. This is so tragic.

C

Everybody who thinks Tila is responsible for Casey’s death is an idiot. Casey was not a child; she was a grown woman. I have type 1 diabetes and if someone told me to stop taking my insulin I would tell them to take a flying leap. Whether I take my insulin is 100% my decision and if I decided to stop and died, I would have no one to blame but myself.

dr cyclops

listen you bonheads i have high blood pressure,high blood suger and i drink lots of beer and i smoke weed and im still alive...all these doctors are lieing abbout heart deseiece and cancer and a whole lot of stuff so they can keep making payments on the bmws..we humans are able to survive most anything..how many cavemen had cancer ..none how many fish have diabetes..we came from the sea so we do not get really sick..so go ahead and smoke 2 oacks a day and drink a case a night and swim in polluted waters ,,its okay...its all a lie made up by obama so he can screw us with this health care crisis..party on peeps oh and i weigh 325 lbs and have 3 girlfreinds and c an run 5 miles without breathing hard hee hee heeee

------------------
hey my mom says im just huskey im not fat..so whoever called me fat and stupid i kan spell and im in good shape..i only need an oxygen tank on humid days and i have only had 3 heart attacks so be quiet...i have worked at burger king for 2 years now and only called in sick 34 times...so there smart pants..im only 45 and my mom says i will live to be 90

Charlie

29. #24. You're a moron!! A FAT MORON!! Very fat. If you ain't dead yet - you will be sooner than you think!!! That's AFTER they cut off your legs from complications.

SORRY!! THIS WAS MEANT FOR NUMBER 25, NOT 24. MY APOLOGIES!!!

wamcp (women against male chauvinist pigs)

Too sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. My daughter was was a Type 1 diabetic since she was a toddler. She used to try to ignore the disease and since no bad things happened to her immediately if she forgot to take her insulin, she decided we were all exaggerating and that she really didn't need to take her shots every day. That if something did happen, we would always be there to save her. After she moved out in her early 20s, she decided it was more beneficial to do drugs than take her insulin, so she sold her syringes for meth. Needless to say, she died. Blood sugar level was over 1600 when she was taken to the ER. No chance of survival. Maybe this will get a message out to the ones who are living with Type 1 (and even Type 2) diabetes that you can't play games. It will cost you your life.

Charlie

To No. 33

YOu cAN get your supplies at a discount or even for free. I know this. I am a Type 2. Do some research and quit using excuses for your laziness and not wanting to take care of a very controllable disease.

PS Pending on the medications (not insulin) but many pharmacies including Walmart, have a set price, ie $4 or $10, for diabetic meds. Again - DO YOUR RESEARCH. I have gotten FIVE free meters in the last 2 years. DO YOUR RESEARCH and quit whining.

Cindy

Casey was obviously very depreesed and didn't want to take care of herself!!!!diabetes is so hard to manage and i have type 2. the meds make me unbelieveably HUNGRY!!! Metaformin is awful... Casey wanted to be skinny and that is uncompatible with diabetes...Alcohol lowers blood sugar to the point you are starving and so shakey.. you need FOOD FAST!!! too many CARBS, you have HIGH blood sugar.. its a NO WIN deal!!!

Charlie

To oblio

Again, your post states otherwise on your level of intelligence.

No you are NOT husky, you are FAT. MORBIDLY OBESE. YOU are and will be a drain on the rest of the healthcare system when you end up in ICU with multiple problems. You won't live to be 50 years old. And your mother knows that.

Kevin

What a dumbass !! Just goes to show that having all the $$ in the world doesn't make you smart. Type 1 diabetes is a disease that is easily managed. Why would anyone feel sorry for an idiot who had every resource available to live a healthy life and they piss it away ? What a joke ! The world is now a better place with 1 less moron.

Bernard

You can not bribe the Grim Reaper. Money doesn't matter much when you are pushing up daisies on the new farm you just bought!

C

To #44: Do YOU have diabetes? I’m guessing not otherwise you wouldn’t say such stupid things. I have type 1 diabetes and yes, it can be managed, but it is NOT that easy. It takes a toll on you physically and mentally. Having to inject yourself at least three times a day plus another shot every night wears you down. It can be very depressing to think about doing it every day for the rest of your life. To always be afraid that your sugars are too high or too low and that you’re going to end up in the hospital. It takes discipline to count your carbs at every meal and inject yourself with the correct amount of insulin, even if you are out with friends and don’t want to have to think about it. I’m lucky to have family that supports me every day. Without that, it’s easy to think “Why even bother? It’s not worth it”. And Casey did not have hardly anyone to support her. And, believe me, once your blood sugar gets out of wack you do not think or act straight. So, no, it is not easy and it’s something you have to contend with every day. So, MORON, why don’t you actually research something before you open your big fat mouth.

Bernard

I was just blessed with FREE medication and I hope this is a blessing to someone else.
I don't have health insurance, and I am a small business owner in NC.
The meds come to my house every three months, for FREE, for a year. Seriously!
Hopefully, I'll be able to get health insurance before my year is up.
NeedyMeds.com is where it's at. The drug companies working together
to get discounted and/or free drugs to people. Believe it or not, and this
is not SPAM. My local Community Health doctor was able to help me.

susan

She had been a diabetic for years and her death was due to natural causes natural causes http://usspost.com/diabetic-ketoacidosis-www-usspost-com-5062/

nycbaby

I agree with #7, radarluv..

.She seemed awash in a downward spiral, clearly most of her adult life...She had made many poor choices, for herself, obviously. She clearly did not have any viable support system, and probably felt very sorry for herself as she spun more and more out of control, further & further from a clear mind. Adding desperately poor, poor life choices into the mix, probably the occasional pity party in spite (or despite) her bad choices, the inability to properly care for even herself (let alone her child) AND, lastly, what I believe was the largest, most toxic, shameful and trashiest nail in the coffin was Tila Tequila. What a vile, wretched excuse of a woman. The only source of comfort out of this mess her family is receiving is she is no longer in her pain, and she is the as far away from that piece of trash Tila, as God will allow.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments