Michael Jackson Coroner Report - House of Drugs

2/8/2010 5:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has just obtained a copy of the full L.A. County Coroner's report in the death of Michael Jackson -- which until now was under seal. The conclusion is clear ... Propofol killed the singer.

Michael Jackson

According to the report, the manner of death is homicide and the conclusion is based on the following 4 items:

1. Circumstances indicate the Propofol and the benzodiazepines were administered by another.

2. Propofol was administered in a non-hospital setting without any appropriate medical indication.

3. The standard of care for administering Propofol was not met. Recommended equipment for patient monitoring, precision dosing and resuscitation was not present.

4. The circumstances do not support self-administration of Propofol.

The Coroner's report was under wraps until the criminal complaint was filed and it will be a centerpiece in the prosecution of Dr. Conrad Murray on charges of involuntary manslaughter.

UPDATE: In the Coroner's report, the scene at Jackson's house is described in detail, and the bedroom sounds like a hospital. There was a chair next to the bed -- "reportedly the decedent's doctor sat here." Also there -- a green oxygen tank, prescription meds, medical supplies, a box of catheters, disposable needles and alcohol pads. Also found -- near the foot of the bed ... a closed bottle of urine.

As we first reported, authorities found 11 bottles of Propofol in the house -- 3 100 ml vials and 8 20 ml vials.

Also, there was talk about Jackson's hair and reports he was bald. In fact, the Coroner's report says, "The decedent's head hair is sparse and is connected to a wig."

UPDATE: As for what drugs were found in Michael Jackson's house ... authorities found Diazepam (for anxiety) prescribed by Dr. Murray, Lorazepam (for anxiety) prescribed by Dr. Murray and Temazepam (for insomnia) prescribed by Dr. Murray. Authorities also found Clonazepam (for panic disorders) prescribed by Dr. Allan Metzger, Trazodone (an anti-depressant) prescribed by Dr. Metzger. And they found Tizanidine (a muscle relaxer) prescribed to Omar Arnold (a Jackson alias) prescribed by Dr. Arnold Klein. There was also an empty vial of Propofol injectable emulsion and an empty glass vial of a Flumazenil injection (which reverses effects of sedation) and a broken syringe.

As we first reported, authorities found 11 vials of Propofol ... 3 100 ml vials and 8 20 ml vials. None of the bottles had prescription directions, patient or doctor names.

They also found liquid Midazolam (anti-anxiety), Lorazepam liquid (injectable) and 14 capsules of ephedrine (for narcolepsy and depression), caffeine aspirin, Zanaflex (a muscle relaxer) and Prednisone (for skin conditions). There was also Azithromycin (an antibiotic), prescribed by Dwight James/Cherilyn Lee and the patient name was Kathlyn Hursey.

UPDATE: An anesthesiologist who consulted with the Coroner said there are "NO reports of its use (Propofol) for insomnia relief, to my knowledge. The only reports of its use in homes are cases of fatal abuse."

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

theagicsinheaven

@Proud of U.S soldiers / @U.S. Army Vet....
We fans care about MJ like this because he cared for you! He care for the solders as well as many people. He was more then an entertainer, something that you do not seem to see.
And we do think about our solders who are war everyday too!
We also think about the earth, children, peace, Love,other news around the world, and the haters of the world who just don't get it! It all comes together as one dynamic. This type of judgmental attitude is what is making this world fall apart, slowly but surly. MJ believed in a better place....no different then how the solders in the world fight for salvation.

theagicsinheaven

@Serenity,
Boy are you ever reaching on this one!
If I was to "reach" and believe everything as a secret code term to equally something else, I would look at this instead.
It is a better fit as to the situation. Take note this is a book from doctore who specialize in the Immune system, something that was compramised with MJ.
Of course this is me just reaching too!
Give it up MJ is gone!

cawobeth

I am curious as to why this list of drugs, differs from the actual report & why this "full" report, released today, differs from the "official" partial toxicology report released months ago ?
pretty screwy

mspaap2u

Its easy to inject a sedated man with what ever drug you want to.
Its also easy to put any drug you want to in their home and say it was the persons drugs.
A dead man cannot talk to defend himself.
A sedated man cannot defend his self.
A cardiac doctor dials 911 immediately. Murray did not when help was less than ten minutes away.

Deanna

That Dr, Murray is a joke, and so what if there were drugs in his house, no doubt a lot of them prescription, I have lot's of meds too, some for arthritis, some for heart, blood pressure, water pills, that does not make me a drug addict, and nor does it say that if I died tomorrow it would be my own fault because of all the drugs, I take them the way I am told, and MJ did too. This doctor saved a life not to long ago, which is great, but my guess is he did it for himself, and if he knew what to do for someone he does not know, then how come he didn't know what to do for MJ?He didn't know because he did not want to, and he did not want MJ to live,MJ deserves justice after everything he was put through!

mj

I hate to tell you all this. But MICHAEL JACKSON IS ALIVE!!!!! I should know because I am Michael Jackson!!!.....more to come later

Laura

Murray's reasonable doubt is right here. When the one doctor said it would be "difficult" to self-administer.....not impossible, and he would have had to bend his knee or sit up. Murray left the room. Michael woke up...no Dr., an IV already in place....why not....accidental o.d....well, enough for reasonable doubt with a jury.

Debbie3217

Hey all you idiots who automatically assume that because they found prescription drugs in his system that he was a drug addict. Well if you look at the autopsy report and read the entire thing, you will see that he was no where near a drug addict. He had small levels of benzos in is system and that didn't kill him, but he had a large amount of the propaol (sp)and lidocaine which is used with this drug. The doctor is the reason Michael is DEAD nothing else. He was a basically healthy person, with a few issues that were not life threatening. As I said, Read the Autopsy report in full.

RIP Michael.

Deanna

This is HOGWASH, I do not believe the stories this Dr.Death comes up with, and with all the other b.s. stories he has told oeople still believe him! Let me ask you something, including this Laura (whoever she is), how would you feel if it was your son, or daughter, or any family member?This idiot holds people's lives in his hands, LITERALLY! And Michael Jackson DID NOT SELF MEDICATE, so what about his 45 min call while MJ lay dying, or was already dead? It sure as hell wasn't to get help! And excuse me, CPR on the bed, since when? I am not a medical professional, but I know enough to lay a person in cardiac distress on the floor, or hard surface, you call putting his hand under his back, and doing compressions that is trying to save him? Doesn't that usually involve mouth to mouth as well, ie;OXYGEN? That doctor is so damn guilty, it is like the writing is right on the wall, but some people are refusing to see it. Which makes me wonder if he made some deal with them if he get's away with this, maybe free medical for some, and the promise NOT to kill them? Look at all the crap they put MJ through over those false accussations, my god they handcuffed him, and there was none of this back door sneaking in stuff for MJ, because he knew he was not guilty, but this doctor knows he is guilty, even if he is a fall guy, he still knows who is involved, so if he get's off with a slap on the wrist, they get off totally,and that is justice? What are half these people MJ haters? No doubt the ones for Dr.M.C. are, otherwise they would see how much of a compulsive liar he is! To Dr.Death, (Conrad Murderer), fess up you lying dirt bag, you are a slime ball, you have to be awfully cold, and heartless, to see his children, and family going through this, and his fans, and not have any remorse, have you heard Paris's comment at the Staples Center? How can anyone ignore that? I don't think the grim reaper himself could have held himself together for that! Even if you do "fall through the cracks", you still have to live , and something tells me people will not make that easy for you. And no, that is not a threat, it is a fact.

Deanna

And this crap about MJ being bald, and wearing a wig, excuse me have any of these morons seen MJ in concert, how in the hell would he keep a wig on? And excuse me, no one else in the family is bald, but they pick on MJ, leave him alone, don't you think his kids have read, and heard enough crap about their dad? And yes Marie, I remember Diane Dimond, witch that she is! Like everyone saying he was using this cream to bleach his skin, I finally wrote and told them it wasn't to bleach his skin, the cream was to even his skin tone out because of the blotches. And again, I watched interviews of his, and he never said he was biological father to Prince, and Paris, but he was the donor for Blanket, and Bashir actually questioned his son alone, so maybe MJ should have asked him what the hell he was doing to his son, show him how easy it is to get the wrong idea. I for one miss MJ more than anyone will ever know, and I have written many e-mails on his behalf over the last few months, and I will keep doing so. And is it just me, or does there seem to be more bazaar things happening in the world, ie; storms, earthquakes, murders, or just people dropping dead, first there was Jesus, then there is Michael.

marks

let Almighty God take charge of the whole thing about MICHAEL JACKSON DEATH...

r.schildt

All other drugs found in toxicology do decrease attention and impair memory and recall even when they do not bring sleep It is a dr´s duty to keep all meds out of reach from an obtunded patient.If(and I do not believe this,he had 3 iv´s, one in neck and one in each groin) he had
selfadministered propofol which killed him, murray is just as responsible. The room with all the med bottles, tubes etc was very disorganized.--It made no sense that judge Pastor forbade
him to give abaesthetics, he had no right to do that ANYWAY. His
malpractice insurance company has been very clear on this point.
He had MD after his name and should be held to a higher standard.How was it with Belushi, he died from an injected med
too and as far as I know the woman was sued,I think.

alexis

Please someone listen to me im 16yrs old..this is bothering me.Okay people are saying jackson faked his death. okay and sites like michael jackson death hoax investigators or thisisitalso tells all.my conclusion he might steal be alive or may really be alive.but what if we as fans around the world just came up with the greatest hoax he may have been able to pull.and that we found clues that he didnt know he made and we found and came up with these clues.we could or may have maybe made a hoax mj could have done. what if he is dead, we need to caculate our thoughts people. were coming up with all these things that could of happened.but these are my thought keep aware..but i had to come out with this..Can reach me at alexiswhite96@yahoo.com..thanks for listening..All for L.O.V.E...

dddd

all this drugs can be used for many reason including controling a person why would he use so many diffrent drugs to treat the same problems one of the main sde effect is memory loss you can pretty much have a person under your control with all these drugs he even had on drug that could bring you from under. its more to it than what is being said

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13