« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Danica Patrick

Crash and Burn

2/13/2010 3:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Race car hottie Danica Patrick made her NASCAR Nationwide Series debut today, but she didn't make it to the checkered flag -- a wreck on lap 68 knocked her out of the race.

Danica Patrick
Patrick's green #7 got caught in a pileup coming out of turn four at Daytona International Speedway, and she couldn't avoid the wreckage in front of her.

At least she got her first Daytona wreck out of the way.

And at least she's still hot.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bertha

Marginal at best

Will Grayson

I have yet to read other comments before making this statement but it'll be interesting to see who saw this as I did. It was obvious to me that Danica Patrick, at the least could have slowed down to lesson the damage or even avoid the accident altogether. All the other drivers around her SLOWED down; she did'nt!

craig

I'd rather watch Nascar than a bunch of doped up millionaires going
up and down a court or hitting a baseball. They don't screw every
woman that they come in contact with. Nascar actually cares about
their fans.

anonymous

It was lap 69..TMZ, get your facts straight! Danica was just testing the waters as well, shes only part time and she rocked it! This comment is coming from a very close source. I know her husband and I am very tight with her Indycar team.

Joan

Yes TMC get your facts straight, she also came in 6th in the ARCA race, that for divers just starting out for all you greenhorns out their. She did really well for a beginner. Nascar great only sport I really get into. What sport out their can see almost everything.

Jethrow

Danica needs to stop fooling herself by trying to compete in this man's sport and take off her clothing. She'll do really good in that..as most women.

John

Most of you people are Tools.

She races because she likes too and is good at it. No she isn't the best but hell if any of you are better why aren't you racing then.

She also hates the media. She does not like this crap and thats one of the reasons she left f1. Nascar is bigger HERE but f1 still draws worldwide crowds that make it much more than Nascar.

She was on a show last week talking about how she would love NOT seeing every news place over covering her. She knows they only do it because she is cute and a female. She is also upset that most even don't know her past racing before f1.

She has been racing since she was a little kid and paid her dues like any other driver.

ballsy

@Rusty- I would have no problem strapping myself in and going 200mph. I would also most watched spectator sport or not, nascar is very, very, stupid and a huge waste of money. Also, there are two types of nascar fans. Ignorant, shirtless, loud-mouthed drunks, and their husbands.

ballsy

@jen jen- Im sure you fall into the first catagory.

omfg

freakin rednecks....

Thom

Can you imagine how good she smells after taking off her fire suit after a long sweaty race......God I'd lick her head to toe.

Elvis Twin

Not "couldn't avoid". Should be "didn't avoid", because she can't drive! at least she had airbags, or funbags HA HA HA!

I crack myself up.

mom

Danica is overated and overpaid. Remember people she one the one Indy race because the people in front of her ran out of fuel. Also if she is so great seems like she would win more races. I would get a lot of attention too if I would take off my clothes believe me people you all would be traumitzed for life . If she wants to be taken seriously as a driver she needs to keep her clothes on and do some serious racing.

StayOutOfSports

Wow, crack reporting TMZ. Just a great job. "At least she's still hot" Very professional.

Vito Baznio

Just thought of something.. Who was OJ's buddy that drove the Bronco.. Been a while.. Did they ever bust him for that drive?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4