John Mayer Uses His Head ... Not the Racist One

2/15/2010 11:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Mayer didn't say one word about his racist penis this weekend -- in fact, the singer didn't say one word about anything.

0921_media_removed_britney

After all of last week's drama -- and his subsequent teary-eyed explanation -- Mayer kept his head down and his mouth shut as he waded through a sea of paparazzi on his way out of his hotel in Canada.

As for the penis -- no comment from Lil' David Duke either.

YLG

You can't hide your true colors. They will always come to light.

Bart

Just one word for ole John...FOOL!!!!

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

I love all the ignorant black racists on here trying to defend the reverse racism that happens every single day in this country. Black colleges, scholarships, channels, magazines, museums, holidays, award shows, etc., that is all the very definition of RACISM!!!

MLK fought for people to no longer see race, to make race irrelevant. Blacks today are doing the exact opposite of what his dream truly was. Blacks today are continuing with the racist segregation tactics that the Civil Rights era fought to demolish.

Good day

shuffler

It's not his fault. He is just as surprised as I am that people read and buy Playboy.

Rob

John Mayer is becoming more repulsive by the day. Maybe he's related to Kanye West! They have similar mouth problems.

South Beach

Witty went off in the ditch. We've all done it.

By the way, enough of the "We're allowed to say it but you're not" crap. African-Americans, if you want that word to fade, set the pace.

jj

nothing but a racist redneck pig!

Hello

Everyone this is what you do, throw out your MAyer cds and replace them with Jason Mraz.

Jason MRaz is vocally superior and such a kind spirit. He needs the attention that John Mayer takes for granted.

Remember Jason Mraz.

Lets make Jason Mraz much more than the "I'm Yours" guy.

He is really awesome.

I have been the longest John Mayer fan.I have all of his albums, I just loved this guy I can no longer deny what he said even if it was not supposed to be racist.

rachel

I'm not sure why I am even commenting but I support John. His words were misunderstood. It's not okay in our society to use these words but I go to an alllll black college and I hear "white person" all the damn time. That gets on my nerves but for some reason its okay. I could understand people being upset if he called someone the N word but he didnt. He just pointed out that if he really had a hood pass then it wouldnt have been called that. Then again, no "white person" will ever have a true hood pass.

AZ

It'll be interesting to see what happens to his music career seeing that he's now publicly disrespected what was probably his largest fan base. If I was his handler I would've never let this guy anywhere near a journalist.

I don't think he'll be getting any more dates with celebs or invitations to red carpet events anytime soon either. Nor have I seen any celebs running to his defense. I think he may have just committed career suicide.

Got to hand it to that journalist though. He seemed to know exactly what questions to ask. I can't imagine that JM would've had these questions in advance because that would make him even more incredibly stupid than I can possibly fathom.

AZ

It doesn't really matter what anyone's opinion is here (unless you're a JM fan) as far as whether JM is racist or not or had the right to say whatever. And I'm sure these racist flame wars are probably making it a lot worse for JM (not that I care for this guy at all) because aren't young Black females one of his largest fan base? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know any White people that listen to this guy. We know he dates celebs and writes cheesy songs, but that's about it. I've never spent a dime on this guy and never will.

What business is going to survive if they tell the majority of their customers that they don't find them attractive and make racial references as to why? It's absolutely your right to tell them, but why would you want to? Would you really expect them to still do business with you? I just don't see how he is going to come back after this.

Geez

No excuses. You's a racist Mayer.

Doug

He is nothing more than a retarded genius...

noi

I don't believe Mayer is a racist, just seems to be really bad at metaphors.

Fan

Quote from AZ: This was just such an incredibly stupid thing on JM's part to do and I just cannot wrap my head around what he must have been thinking. Does this guy have an unaddressed mental illness maybe, was he high, drunk? That had to be one of the strangest interviews I've ever read. I cannot possibly think of a better way to totally piss off a Black female then to say what JM said.
-----------------------

Hey AZ, you hit on the most troubling question: What good could possibly come from saying the things JM said?

Baffling, eh?

I, too, believe these interviewers might encourage consumption of alcohol, pot, coke, downers, or whatever, to "loosen up" the star.

Then they allow the star to gracefully fall on their own sword, propelled by the top-heavy weight of their over-inflated, bulbous, egotistical heads!

(Using the n-word to make the point that you don't have a 'pass' to use the n-word? WTF?)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments