Joey Fatone Plays Hardball Over Life-Size R2D2

2/17/2010 6:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Joey Fatone's life-size replica of R2D2 isn't just an expensive toy -- the robot hero played a key role in a multi-million dollar real estate deal ... gone bad.

The R2D2 happened to catch the eye of a person interested in buying Joey's 12,370 sq. ft., $5.5 million Orlando mansion.

But the potential buyer didn't just want the house, he also wanted the "Star Wars" figure ... and a bunch of other cool stuff in the home.

According to Joey's rep, Fatone drafted a list of all the awesome items in the home that he was willing to part with -- along with the amount of money he planned to charge for each one. Some of the highlights include:

-- The R2D2 ... $40,000
-- Two Peter Pan Paintings: "We Can Fly" and "1st Look at Neverland" ... $2,700 for the pair
-- Video Games: Ms Pac-Man, Galaga, Centipede, and Multi Video Game Unit ... $4,500
-- Old Fashion Coke Machine ... $200

In the end the deal went belly up ... and it's unclear why the potential buyer decided to pass. Maybe The Force just wasn't strong with him.

Miss Five

Yip! There are plenty of grown men who collect things like that. Remember The 40 Year Old Virgin, for instance. LMAO! ;-)

emmmna

the buyer is MICHAEL JACKSON: Peter Pan paintings, video games, and old coke machine for pop corn:):):) COOOOOOOOOME BAAAAAAAAACK MICHAEL :):):)

Jason

★★★Oh wow. Joey is one helluva beautiful bear! I fell in love with him on Dancing with the Stars and haven't looked back since. He's my Ultimate Celebrity Crush! I love furry fellas (bears) and I think guys who are a little bigger are very sexy. (Skinny guys have never done it for me.) LOVE YOU JOEY!!! STAY WOOFY, SEXY, AND FUNNY!!! *bear hug* ★★★

Jason

♥ ♥ ♥ Grrr I am SO in love with Joey! He is my Ultimate Celebrity Fantasy! I love that he is amazingly good looking (I love furry guys) BUT not only that, he's funny as hell too! Honestly, is there anything in this world sexier than a hot, super handsome fella that can make you laugh? (sigh) LOVE YA FATONE! YOU ROCK BUDDY! (Thanx for providing my Fatone Fix, X17. You guys are awesome! ♥ ♥ ♥

And thats the truth

I clicked on Michael Jacksons name on the home page to see if there were any new stories about him and this came up. Why? It is labeled Michael Jackson but it does not have anything to do with him. Maybe because the buyers were interested in the same things that Michael would of liked?

If the buyer would of been Michael (had he been alive) and he wanted all of these things, the media would of had a field day. It would of been in all of the websites/papers. Obviously they are popular items for people to puchase. Makes me miss Michael even more.

JR

MICHAEL JACKSON IS ALIVE. HE'S HAVING A FIELD DAY WITH ALL THIS. KEEP IT ROLLING. I LOVE IT.EVERYTHING THAT'S BEING SAID IS HAPPENING. HE'S PLAYING EVERYONE OF US. I AM NOT MAD EITHER. JUST CHECK IT ALL OUT CAREFULLY LOL. HA ha HA. Hes a Genius. LOLLOLOL. HE HE

JR

P>S. Yeah Why is this article linked to Michael Jackson when you do search for it lol. Think Guys LLF. He He.

JR

On the 25th June Michael Jackson went to Wonderland. You know 'rehab' lol. Ask Randy Jackson. An Ambulance showed up as he was taken there by force. But of course he died (NOT) His Estate was taken off him (hence the weird stories of who's running his estate)as he was unfit at the time. He rehired and fired sooooooo many people in the week he died didnt he lol. No!!!! He lost power as he's not well. Well He went to Rehab. Alice in Wonderland. Murray is/was his Sober coach. Yeah makes sense doesn't it.

jukebox-

kp the clues comin TMZ! so MJ was the potential buyer huh... :)

Keep on with THE FORCE don't stop, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2