Arrested 'Flavor' Star -- 'I Did What I Had To Do'

2/21/2010 2:24 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hotlanta -- the "Flavor of Love" star who got cuffed in Georgia last month for alleged child cruelty -- claims she did what she had to do ... but her son was never harmed in the violent incident that got her arrested.

Hotlanta -- aka 29-year-old Nicole Essigmann (right) -- tells TMZ that she never laid a hand on her 4-year-old son. The whole incident was because her baby daddy -- a guy named Jerry Robinson -- got her mother (left) in a headlock.

According to Nicole, she was going with her mom -- Jill Essigmann -- to pick up her son from Robinson's home. When her mom went in to get the child, Nicole claims there was some kind of physical altercation and Robinson emerged with her mother in a headlock.

Nicole tells TMZ: "I did what I had to do ... Anybody in my shoes would have done the same thing if they saw their mom in a headlock. I laid the smackdown."

According to Nicole, the reason for the child abuse charge is because her son witnessed the violent incident.

Both Nicole and her mother were arrested on two counts of simple battery. Nicole was also charged with child cruelty. The case is still being investigated.

cindy

Joey

This bitch is crazy...

APRIL

IF HE DID DO THAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR DOING THAT IN FRONT OF THE CHILD I WOULD DO THE SAME IF IT WAS MY MOM

Jethrow

Just another day in the trailer park.

DOODAD

You're not fooling anyone, Fuglanta.
TWO counts of battery, one for assaulting Jerry and another one for your own freakin' kid.
pathetic.

kromen

And Flava breathes a sigh of relief. I bet she still trying to get paid that child support.

CriticAl

That's why these type of laws are stupid (my state has something similar). This woman is now in trouble because a child was present when she was defending her mother? It's just ridiculous.

RayUK

You telling me you can't defend your kin in front of your kids without getting arrested? That's insane man! Who came up with that crap? Left wing idiots are bringing human kind to its knees.

just asking

I would love to know if the father was also charged with child cruelty?

blanket jackson

if these were the last two women on earth id turn gay.

julz

.......UM......shouldn't they have arrested the guy instead?? wtf is going on over there

Redd

Pure white TRASH!!!!

Lisa

I don't remember her from the show. This story doesn't make sense. So, the husband didn't get charged with anything..Crazy!

Ted Coyle

Damn Strait! If that's the way it really happened. I'd have kicked the guys ass all the way to the court house along with the "arresting officer" for being one sided about it. Too damned many crazy "laws" these days. Let's start wearing a six shoot on our hips and talking later. . .

pattijen

And where are the charges against Jerry Robinson for assault? And where are his charges for doing that in front of the child as well? What a double standard.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments