'Growing Pains' Star -- Battling Depression

2/21/2010 2:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Andrew KoenigThe parents of Andrew Koenig -- who has reportedly been missing for the past week -- described their son as "suffering from depression" and "not doing good" in the days leading up to his disappearance.

Judy and Walter Koenig (who played Pavel Chekov in the "Star Trek" series) tell TMZ the last time they heard from Andrew was on February 9. They say his cell phone is turned off and that they have learned the last time his phone received a text was on February 16 in Vancouver.

They say he was last seen at a bakery in the Stanley Park area of Vancouver.

The Koenigs tell TMZ they plan to fly up to Vancouver in the next few days. They feel the police in Vancouver have been doing a good job so far.

Lance Miccio, who worked with Koenig on several projects, tells TMZ he reached out to Koenig about a project two weeks ago but Koenig passed, saying he was "not going to work anymore."

Right around that time, Miccio says Koenig dropped off a bag of Miccio's stuff. Miccio says he hasn't spoken to Koenig since.

Miccio also said he thought Koenig was "suffering from depression."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

L

I assume you mean Canada, but just remember there is also a Vancouver in Washington State on the border of Oregon/Washington.

Might want to clarify.

dana

If he passed on an acting job, dropped off someone's stuff and was depressed and not doing well and his phone is off for weeks, all point to suicide.

How sad!

Lisa

Number 1..It is Canada..In the post under it that was put up earlier..It says he was supposed to fly back to the states but didnt.
He has a great head of hair. I'm kinda jealous..I wish mine dried like that..
On a serious note..from this post..it doesn't sound so good. Depression isn't something to fool around with. I hope he's fine and just staying in Canada a little longer.

that.is.all

sad

I hope he's okay.

His parents should leave today and go find him.

CrossT

They said Stanley Park. Unless Vancouver, Washington, also has a Stanley Park, there was no need to further clarify the location.

Namers

...as someone who is currently in treatment, there IS hope. I wish him all the best.

jdinmv07

His father played Chekov on Star Trek

Heather

Hope he is just out soul searching and is found OK!

Jimmy Sharp

Get a haircut you hippie.

me

if someone goes to the olympics for a week it is not called missing. it is called a vacation. i hope the next time i go on vacation that someone does not put out a missing person out on me

Joann

I agree with post #2 although I hope it does not end that way for him. This is sad.

I use to watch Growing Pains but I cannot place Andrew's face. I know he was younger then but what part did he play on Growing Pains? I do remember the father from Star Trek though.

criss

to #9, he was Mike Seaver's friend Boner

me

he was Boner on Growing Pains

PolarBear

Vancouver is one of the most invigorating, beautiful and natural environments to be in, and if you're depressed and are a visitor, I would only think that the effect of Vancouver would be therapeutic, ESPECIALLY Stanley Park, West Vancouver and many locations around there. Something to think about.

beck